PDA

View Full Version : Foxconn 6150K8MA crashes in nTune

isdnip
02-01-06, 11:19 PM
I've got a Foxconn 6150K8MA motherboard, with the 6150 / 430 combination, using integrated video. Venice 3200+ (cool as a cucumber). Foxconn 544 case. Memory is one Corsair 512 MB VS512MB400, which Newegg lists as 2.5V PC400 CAS 2.5. Windows XP Pro SP2. Default settings, no overclock. Regardless of what Newegg says, the mobo automatically sets the memory at 2.6V.

It crashes now and then on its own. It happened a few days ago running RealPlayer. The crash dump analyzer, which I don't understand too well, seems to point to ntoskrnl.exe, which I'm led to believe implies a hardware problem.

So I tried nTune. It is consistent: The memory benchmark causes a crash within seconds, as does the memory optimizer. Graphics optimization leads to an occasional crash. Raising the memory to 2.65v and adding 20 mV to the CPU don't help. nTune says the memory is at 8-3-3-3.

I am assuming that integrated video puts a strain on RAM, but it still shouldn't crash that easily. The BIOS instructions aren't exactly helpful. Does anyone have suggestions for what to tweak to make this more stable? Thanks.

john19055
02-03-06, 02:39 AM
Since most MB with onboard graphics uses the system memory ,you may nedd to get another stick of ram,Try setting your memory voltage to 2.7v and set your timming to 3-3-3-9-2T,plus what kind of power suppy do you have.

isdnip
02-03-06, 08:00 PM
It doesn't say it requires two sticks, but one stick means 64-bit access, which does slow it down, so I might get a second. But if this Corsair isn't good enough I don't know if I want more of it -- but then matching memory is best. A bit of a quandary.

I suppose I can try a little more voltage and slower timing, but I don't know at what point the voltage causes harm.