PDA

View Full Version : Older RMA

seeker
02-02-06, 03:06 AM
I got the replacement motherboard from MSI for one that failed. After studying the numbers, I realized that the serial number of the replacement is older than the one that I sent in. I doubt that the serial numbers are totally linear, because that would mean that they have produced over 502 million of this particular model, but by the numbers, the replacement is only in about the 409 million bracket. The board is the same, except I can't remember the revision number of the original. The replacement revision is (1). I trying to decide if it's worth the hassle to give them any trouble about the older board. I assume that this also means that it was a repaired board instead of new, however, it appears spotless. I guess it's their option to do this, but I don't like stepping back.

Starscream
02-02-06, 09:21 AM
If it works I'd call it a day.

MSI is one of the WORST companies to deal with for rma's.

seeker
02-02-06, 06:05 PM
If it works I'd call it a day.

MSI is one of the WORST companies to deal with for rma's.
You are probably right, but outside of this snag, MSI did not give me a lick of trouble on the RMA. On the other hand, Asus, has given me nothing but trouble. I've heard alot of bad things about MSI, but at the moment, they look like angels to me.

Rytr
02-02-06, 06:24 PM
It is bad enough to have to RMA something but a bad experience with an RMA is a lost customer.