PDA

View Full Version : SLI Horizontal Span

jAkUp
02-03-06, 12:13 PM
Got a question here, have a guy trying to span across 3 monitors across 2x 7800GTX's with SLI mode disabled.

He is able to get Clone, and Expanded Desktop to work, I am hearing conflicting things, is it possible to span across more than 1 card?

Carte_Blanche!
02-04-06, 11:32 PM
Yeah he should be able to. Just expand the displays in windows display properties.

H-street
02-05-06, 12:33 AM
you can span across 2 monitors with teh 1 card, but not onto the 2nd card using the default Nview software.. the 2nd card becomes a desktop in itself.. at least in all my trying i haven't been able to span 3 monitors over 2 cards using any of the windows/Nview software

look up a utility called ultramon , it will do what you are looking for and is very handy when dealing with multimonitors and multi cards

nVidiaGuru
02-05-06, 02:02 AM
heres a link http://www.download.com/UltraMon/3000-2347_4-10410913.html?tag=lst-0-1

ultramon is the ****, it will even give you 2 seperate taskbars so windows on the 2nd monitor appear on the 2nd monitors taskbar

Venturi
02-05-06, 06:43 PM
Jackup

I'm able to do it without the ultramon utility.

With three monitors you can go to the window settings and seect to span the whole desktop across three monitors.. I attached two small 17 inch monitors to the second video card. Disable SLI and go back to the window properties and change it again. I don't use the nview. Just letting windows do it from the settings tab.

However, I'm on server x64 MS Ent 2003. I am not sure if that would behave differently than 32 or 64 bit Win Xp.

ricercar
02-08-06, 02:23 AM
With three monitors you can go to the window settings and seect to span the whole desktop across three monitors.Wow. I need to try it.
1) What drivers did this start working with?
2) Does this work only with SLI, or can I span 3 displays with AGP + PCI or PCI-E + PCI?