PDA

View Full Version : Help try and bring DOA to PC! ;-)

Moot
02-05-06, 08:49 PM
Want to see the “Dead Or Alive” series available for PC? I do, and if you do too click the link below and add your name to the list. If the list grows to a decent amount I will e-mail the link to Temco and suggesting a port of the games be done!

Edit:
They killed my patition! oh wells it wasn't doing well to start with. thanks for the few poeople that did go out of there way to sign it.

PS. If you think this is a really good idea please post this link in other forums or places it will get noticed. Feel free to cut and paste my text as well, if you don’t want to retyping and explanation for the link.

(nana2)

|MaguS|
02-05-06, 10:09 PM
It will NEVER happen. The only way your ever going to play DOA on the PC is by running the PSX version on an emulator, the Arcade version of the original on an emulator or the dreamcast version on an emulator... other then that your dreams are dead from the start.

EDIT: I would like to add that current 3D fighting titles would be stupid to have on PC since the keyboard is a digital controller and would not be ideal for the games. Sure you can get a controller but developers don't like the idea that people need to purchase an addon to have the ideal gaming enviroment. Thats why consoles are superior to PCs for fighting games.

Oh and Tecmo and Team-Ninja aren't really PC supporters...

Moot
02-05-06, 10:32 PM
Emulation is slow and buggy. Also I spend so much time working these days that if I start working on emulators and spending time looking for roms I won't find time to even play the games. Iíd much rather buy a working product.

I agree that playing fighting games with a keyboard is teh suck. But that said it isnít hard to hook an xbox controller to your PC, or buy another controller that is meant for the PC.

Sadly I do know that the odds of this happening are none to none. But a guyís gotta try.

jAkUp
02-06-06, 12:17 AM
Signed ;)

Nitz Walsh
02-06-06, 10:13 AM
EDIT: I would like to add that current 3D fighting titles would be stupid to have on PC since the keyboard is a digital controller and would not be ideal for the games. Sure you can get a controller but developers don't like the idea that people need to purchase an addon to have the ideal gaming enviroment.
If that were true, the PC gaming market would not exist. You have to purchase an "add-on" just to get modern games running - a decent graphics card for one. The vast majority of home PC's being sold are completely inadequate for modern action games without some extra expenditure.

The problem is that there's no gamepad controller standard, not that you have to buy one - developers have specifically commented on this in the past. Hence, MS has now make the X360 controller the new standard. I don't think it's a small coincidence that Capcom has decided to port 3 of its titles to the PC now, bet on them to have a "360 controller for Windows recommended" on the back of the box.

Oh and Tecmo and Team-Ninja aren't really PC supporters...
That's the biggest problem, aside from the very small market. Then again, Capcom wasn't exactly a PC powerhouse either (albeit they're having Ubisoft distribute them).

ENU291
02-06-06, 12:23 PM
Someone needs to run a spell check on that petition site. There is only one "H" in the word "wish" not two. As per fighting games I'd much rather see the Tekken or Soul Caliber series ported instead of DOA. I feel Namco does a better job at creating fighting games. (Just my opinion ofcourse).

Moot
02-06-06, 01:16 PM
NO!!! :( I can't believe I did that. I did use spell check. The problem being that "whish" is a real word too. So spell check would not pick that up. I have e-mailed their tech support asking for the extra h to be removed. Since youíre technically not allowed to edit a petition's statement after itís creation I hope it happens.

Thanks to the few who have provided signatures so far. I would imagine that brining an already completed title to another platform wouldnít be too hard. All the art is done. The code would just have to be edited a bit and then recompiled. The thing is everything comes down to money in this world. So they need to be shown that there is enough of a market on PC for the titles.

Also I would only imagine there would only be people wanting this to happen, or people who just donít care either way. Why would someone not want to see a game become more widely available? Unless of course they donít like the game to start with. But even if a person doesnít like DOA, getting one large fighter producing company to bring ports to PC, might encourage others to follow.

ENU291
02-06-06, 04:00 PM
The problem with trying to port a console only game over to the PC world is that you have to make the game compatible with almost every possible PC configuration available. That is not a simple task. Sure APIs like DirectX and OpenGL should make something like this simple but reality is that it's NOT that simple. There are so many variables that can prevent a console to PC conversion from functioning properly that most developers chose not to even bother. You also have to consider the rampant piracy that is killing off the PC game market. I wish your petition takes off but I highly doubt that Tecmo will move the DOA series over to the PC.