PDA

View Full Version : When the **** is that BF2 patch going to ever come out?

Pages : [1] 2 3 4

Tygerwoody
02-06-06, 04:38 PM
The EA rep came over here and made a big deal about it a while ago and I have been waiting patiently and it still is not here. What gives?

p.s WarRock > BF:Vietnam > BF2

Riptide
02-06-06, 05:55 PM
Meh. I'm upset that they're never going to fix WS support for this game and introduce proper aspect ratios. Screw that I sold my copy. :p

$n][pErMan
02-06-06, 06:14 PM
meh .. the only thing I want fixed is the random crashes to the desktop I get every so often. As for everything else... stats padding ... bunny hoping ... "noob tubing" ... none of that stuff bothers me. I think if something bothers you in a game that someone else does and its not offically cheating... you take the game WAY to serious. What are they gonna do... print out all thier badges and paste them up on there wall? LoL...

Tygerwoody
02-06-06, 06:22 PM
[pErMan']meh .. the only thing I want fixed is the random crashes to the desktop I get every so often. As for everything else... stats padding ... bunny hoping ... "noob tubing" ... none of that stuff bothers me. I think if something bothers you in a game that someone else does and its not offically cheating... you take the game WAY to serious. What are they gonna do... print out all thier badges and paste them up on there wall? LoL...
the way the game is now, its unplayable. Especially the helicopter/jet whoring where the heli's or jets NEVER get taken down. Thats my biggest issue with the game, because I can never stay alive long enough to escape those mother ****ers. :thumbdwn:

CaptNKILL
02-06-06, 06:28 PM
the way the game is now, its unplayable. Especially the helicopter/jet whoring where the heli's or jets NEVER get taken down. Thats my biggest issue with the game, because I can never stay alive long enough to escape those mother ****ers. :thumbdwn:
Yep, same here.

Maybe Im just bitching because I suck at anti-aircraft, but screw that. I spent the same money as everyone else, I should at least have some chance to play without getting mamed every god damned time a decent pilot joins the game. And god forbid its a pilot\copilot combo with the same clan tag... might as well quit before you develope a brain tumor.

The most anoying part is that I hardly EVER see anyone shoot down aircraft unless they are also in aircraft (or the pilots suck and dont know how deal with AA). That has to tell you something about the balancing of the game...

Riptide
02-06-06, 06:31 PM
lol

I have a friend who plays this game and he stays on foot all the time. He says the jets are the cheapest thing in the game. This patch is "supposed" to fix that but from what you guys are saying - it's taking forever.

Mudcrutch
02-06-06, 06:33 PM
I "retired" from that game till this patch comes out.

When it does if it is fun again I will keep playing, if not off to ebay...

$n][pErMan
02-06-06, 07:18 PM
I do agree.... the heli's and planes are insane with a good pilot in the game. AA goes to slow IMO... if they speed the missles up on the AA it would be much more fair. Thats what I like about SF tho.... no planes... only heli's. And most of the time you get lucky with a crappy heli pilot :p

einstein_314
02-06-06, 07:30 PM
I find it funny that you claim the game is unplayable because you can't shoot down a jet. I personally don't have a problem with the jets. The best tactic for jets is to have someone on your team who can also fly really well and then the jets keep themselves busy dogfighting. I also find the game a lot more fun when you play with people you actually know. There are about 8 guys from college that play together regularly (I'm one of them) and its so much fun. Especially if you have voice. We destroy when we play together. But I too can't wait for the patch. The bunny hoppin' noobs will be useless once they can't bunny hop. Lol.

Tygerwoody
02-06-06, 07:49 PM
I find it funny that you claim the game is unplayable because you can't shoot down a jet. I personally don't have a problem with the jets. The best tactic for jets is to have someone on your team who can also fly really well and then the jets keep themselves busy dogfighting. I also find the game a lot more fun when you play with people you actually know. There are about 8 guys from college that play together regularly (I'm one of them) and its so much fun. Especially if you have voice. We destroy when we play together. But I too can't wait for the patch. The bunny hoppin' noobs will be useless once they can't bunny hop. Lol.
Well, if there is a map that doesn't have any jets... or just a map that isn't "jet friendly" or "heli friendly" like the dam i OWN on, even better than the pilot *****s. I most always have the highest score on every map other than the pilot *****s. They should be stopped :thumbdwn:

Superfly
02-07-06, 05:09 AM
end of Feb for the patch

Sgt_Pitt
02-07-06, 05:15 AM
lol this isnt CS, planes and helis are here to stay and will always pwn, what shouldve happened from the start is they shouldve been 1 shottable by tanks, and there should be stinger kits for infantry, i.e anti armour kit should have em.

so many things wrong with this game, what puzzles me is why in hell didnt they look at why DC was so successful

Tygerwoody
02-07-06, 08:14 AM
lol this isnt CS, planes and helis are here to stay and will always pwn, what shouldve happened from the start is they shouldve been 1 shottable by tanks, and there should be stinger kits for infantry, i.e anti armour kit should have em.

so many things wrong with this game, what puzzles me is why in hell didnt they look at why DC was so successful
completely agree. I really don't mind jets or heli's being there, as long as i can KILL THEM. I can take out a tank like noone's business. However, I can shoot a jet soooo many times with an anti aircraft and they NEVER GO DOWN! So freaking frustrated. A simple fix to this problem would just be that jets would have to LAND in order to repair them(I guess EA doesn't want to do this, because in real life we repair jets while they are flying :rolleyes:)

rudedog
02-07-06, 08:48 AM
It's called balance. They need to balance all the aircraft by increasing damage done by tanks,art, AT kits and other aircraft.

Just the other day I shot a blackhawk in the face with an AT rocket. It barely caused it to smoke?!?!?!?!?!?!

Tygerwoody
02-07-06, 08:55 AM
It's called balance. They need to balance all the aircraft by increasing damage done by tanks,art, AT kits and other aircraft.

Just the other day I shot a blackhawk in the face with an AT rocket. It barely caused it to smoke?!?!?!?!?!?!
nah, they don't need to up the damage of ANYTHING. I get in a tank and OWN people already. They need to lower aircraft hitpoints by 1/2 and cause people to actually have to land the aircraft to repair it. Honestly aircrafts are really my only complaints about the game.... dolphin divers normally consist of noobs that prove to be no real challenge. So thats not really a problem. ;)

Rakeesh
02-07-06, 11:48 AM
Maybe Im just bitching because I suck at anti-aircraft, but screw that. I spent the same money as everyone else, I should at least have some chance to play without getting mamed every god damned time a decent pilot joins the game. And god forbid its a pilot\copilot combo with the same clan tag... might as well quit before you develope a brain tumor.

I never played BF2, but I always remember being a terrible pilot in BF1, so what I would do is fly an aircraft over to the enemy base, and bail out even if it was in perfectly good condition, then get on the enemy AA guns and fire at the planes as they would take off :D

I wouldn't kill them while in flight either, I would always damage them just enough so that they would eventually crash into the water :D

Review
02-07-06, 12:12 PM
They never set a release date so why are you being so impatient? They had a target of early Feb but sometimes things get set back, like has happend here. It should be out this month though.

Tygerwoody
02-07-06, 12:19 PM
They never set a release date so why are you being so impatient? They had a target of early Feb but sometimes things get set back, like has happend here. It should be out this month though.
ok mr. 30 posts troll.

They said SOON, they didn't say "early february" . The point of the topic is asking WHEN is it coming out. The game is trash as of right now because of SIMPLE fixes. If they didn't want people to ask when the patch is coming out, they shouldn't have waved it in our faces and said it was coming out soon. It would be nice to play the game, considering I haven't really played it in 6 months. I'd say i'm being pretty patient. troll

wnd
02-07-06, 12:38 PM
Patch will be out as soon as the boos^W^W it's ready. Community Update - 1/31/06 (http://www.ea.com/official/battlefield/battlefield2/us/editorial.jsp?src=communityupdate_013106): "We have held onto the 1.2 patch a little longer than we had initially planned. -- will be released sometime in the next two or three weeks."

I love piloting in BF2, especially the attack choppers. I don't go baseraping with either (except with the jet if mowed down a couple of times at our uncapturable base), but be a tank-killer instead (and capture unoccupied CPs if I have some time to spare). Even though I enjoy flying, I think AA is underpowered; the patch should address this (at least with choppers). Planes are difficult to be downed, that's the reality (ok fine, the game is about having fun, not about realism). And yes, choppers and airplanes can take too much punishment, especially BH. Of course nobody would be flying it if it was nothing but a flying deathtrap.

For me it would be ok if planes are choppers could be downed with little ground fire and one (1) AA-missile, AT-rocket, or tank-round. This way would you have a little time to bail out after being hit by a missle, but being hit after some minor damage you'd be gone already. Balancing the game is one of the toughest things to do, and you can never please everybody.

CaptNKILL
02-07-06, 12:44 PM
I never played BF2, but I always remember being a terrible pilot in BF1, so what I would do is fly an aircraft over to the enemy base, and bail out even if it was in perfectly good condition, then get on the enemy AA guns and fire at the planes as they would take off :D

I wouldn't kill them while in flight either, I would always damage them just enough so that they would eventually crash into the water :D
:lol:
I remember doing that.
I was a pretty good pilot in BF1942 and Desert Combat... I cant do crap in BF2 though. The other pilots wipe me out in seconds.

I loved the DC style missiles, where they just fire in a striaght line real fast. I remember in one of the older DC versions I used to be able to use the stinger to hit a jet at a 90 degree angle from a mile away. To this day I have no idea how I did that, but it was really easy. I cant hit squat with the ones in newer versions and the heat-seaking crap in newer games never seems to work correctly.

BioHazZarD
02-07-06, 02:51 PM
Last i heard anything is mid feb its supposed to come out..

de><ta
02-08-06, 11:23 AM
Well, if there is a map that doesn't have any jets... or just a map that isn't "jet friendly" or "heli friendly" like the dam i OWN on, even better than the pilot *****s. I most always have the highest score on every map other than the pilot *****s. They should be stopped :thumbdwn:

The problem with the majority of people who get screwed over by the jets is that they do not use jets and helos themselves. So they do not know the strengths and weakness of a jet or a helo. If you know what your doing with the AA/stingers you can hit the plane atleast once with the two missiles you have before you get the lock on signal.

Being a pilot takes a crap load of skills and pateince. You have to constantly watch your six all the time and when bombing tanks you have to check so many different factors before you can bomb properly it at times gets ridiculous. Not to forget checking your map constantly so that you dont blow up your idiotic team mates who randomly exit vehicles making them look like enemy vehicles...

Baseraping on the other hand is just cheap tactic first time pilots use.

Also even if they reduce the hitpoints on the jets and helos most skilled pilots will still dominate the maps.

Personally I want them to fix the noobtubing, its annoying running around the corner and having some idiot fire the nade launcher at point blank killing you and himself. That and the dolphin jumping needs to be addressed. Its just unrealistic seeing someone jump around like that.

Tygerwoody
02-08-06, 11:46 AM
Baseraping on the other hand is just cheap tactic first time pilots use.

Also even if they reduce the hitpoints on the jets and helos most skilled pilots will still dominate the maps.

If they lower the hitpoint of jets alot will be fixed. I can hit the jets, but with their repairing, by the time i hit them the second time they are back to full. Its ok for jets to dominate the maps, but now its just REDICULOUS.

RoachMojo
02-08-06, 05:13 PM
BF2 is totally playable the way it is, as is SF. Someone bugs you with a jet, you get in one yourself and shoot them down. Same with choppers. That simple. If you can't fly, learn how to fly, and don't be a ****ing crybaby about it.

SF is all ground, and I like that. In fact, I have not played BF2 since FS came out, and I absolutely love the Warlord map, and now that's all I play. Too much fun with the zip lines and the hooks, the flash grenades and the tear gas. Way too much fun!

CaptNKILL
02-08-06, 05:31 PM
BF2 is totally playable the way it is, as is SF. Someone bugs you with a jet, you get in one yourself and shoot them down. Same with choppers. That simple. If you can't fly, learn how to fly, and don't be a ****ing crybaby about it.

See, this is half the problem with the game. Youre either making the team lose by sitting around waiting for a jet the whole time so you can learn how to fly (ie, die 500 times in a futile attempt to kill someone whos put more hours into flying than they have sleep in the past 7 months) or youre getting raped by the jets\helis on the ground.

Maybe we are crybabies, but they are changing it anyway so it doesnt matter. That means the pilots will have to get better at flying... oh no :p