PDA

View Full Version : F.E.A.R. Patch Tomorrow!!!

Pages : [1] 2

jAkUp
02-06-06, 04:22 PM
Finally! The Punkbuster patch, and 3 new maps!!

http://www.gamesindustry.biz/press_release.php?aid=14520

CaptNKILL
02-06-06, 05:04 PM
Do people still play this? I got bored :p

nutcrackr
02-06-06, 05:10 PM
It's good they are patching it, I'd rather they put out an expansion pack or something though.

OWA
02-06-06, 05:32 PM
I still haven't finished Quake 4 or FEAR but I hope to at some point. Anyway, I'm glad developers continue to support the games after launch.

Wolfhound
02-06-06, 06:17 PM
NICE!!!!!! :clap: waiting for this since a lot of time, finally punkbuster and 3 new maps :drooling:

Killroy X
02-06-06, 07:34 PM
Bring it!

Hex
02-06-06, 09:36 PM
Punkbuster is the only thing it needed badly to make it fun again. The cheats were way out of control and not even trying to be hidden in many cases

Killroy X
02-06-06, 09:49 PM
Well I'm hearing now on the FEAR website, that this is not going to happen. Crap on a stick.

nutcrackr
02-06-06, 09:54 PM
Well I'm hearing now on the FEAR website, that this is not going to happen. Crap on a stick.
Yep just read some posts by VUG-Greg and he says it's coming soon but not tomorrow.

LurkerLito
02-06-06, 11:42 PM
But will it remove the CD Check like the Q4 beta patches did? That to me is more important than any thing they could add to the game. I haven't played Q4 in a long time then I did the upgrade to the dual core beta patch and no CD is required anymore. Now I actually play the game again. I probably won't even bother with fear again if it keeps asking me for the disc.

Wolfhound
02-07-06, 01:16 AM
Yep just read some posts by VUG-Greg and he says it's coming soon but not tomorrow.

Bad news :( :thumbdwn:

BioHazZarD
02-07-06, 01:21 AM
Yeah they probably found a big bug or so..

Darkoz
02-07-06, 01:46 AM
But will it remove the CD Check like the Q4 beta patches did? That to me is more important than any thing they could add to the game. I haven't played Q4 in a long time then I did the upgrade to the dual core beta patch and no CD is required anymore. Now I actually play the game again. I probably won't even bother with fear again if it keeps asking me for the disc.

Just use the NoCD patch for FEAR, the first thing I do after installing any game is to grab a NoCD patch for it.

Gaco
02-07-06, 04:05 AM
I haven't really been following this game for some time. What kinds of cheats were ruining the game? =/

Tygerwoody
02-07-06, 08:00 AM
I haven't really been following this game for some time. What kinds of cheats were ruining the game? =/
it isn't really the cheats that ruin this game... its the fact that MULTIPLAYER SUCKS in ths game. You kill anyone in a matter of a second. Use the worst weapon and you can still kill anyone relatively easy. Basically all you do is kill as many people in the 5 seconds you will be alive, because by then you are dead too. Pretty stupid imo....

Tr1cK
02-07-06, 09:42 AM
it isn't really the cheats that ruin this game... its the fact that MULTIPLAYER SUCKS in ths game. You kill anyone in a matter of a second. Use the worst weapon and you can still kill anyone relatively easy. Basically all you do is kill as many people in the 5 seconds you will be alive, because by then you are dead too. Pretty stupid imo....

And that is why I dont waste my time with any deathmatch.

Tygerwoody
02-07-06, 10:07 AM
...like in real life.:)
sorry, i completely forgot. When I'm playing FEAR I want to play like I'm in real life. I want to kill people and them kill me every 3 seconds, then just like in real life I want to magically come back to life only to kill someone and then them kill me again every 3 seconds.

I actually do this at work from time to time. My boss pisses me off, so I shoot him in the face with a pistol(or a shotgun, i always keep one handy in my cubicle drawer). He just dies. What a loser, that old man must always be low on health every time i kill him. Never fails though that he spawns right beside me immediately after I kill him, only to kill me. I swear some days I think he is using hax.

I completely forgot this isn't a game but in fact real life. Just ignore my comment as it is irrelevent. :D

Tygerwoody
02-07-06, 10:10 AM
And that is why I dont waste my time with any deathmatch.
ever tried HL2:deathmatch? That is actually VERY fun. Probably the best deathmatch out there.

Q
02-07-06, 04:41 PM
I actually do this at work from time to time. My boss pisses me off, so I shoot him in the face with a pistol(or a shotgun, i always keep one handy in my cubicle drawer). He just dies. What a loser, that old man must always be low on health every time i kill him. Never fails though that he spawns right beside me immediately after I kill him, only to kill me. I swear some days I think he is using hax.

(rofl2)

You're such an ass, Master Shake.

I love it. :D

Tygerwoody
02-07-06, 05:07 PM
You are the Moon Master!

Killroy X
02-07-06, 07:27 PM
What a loser, that old man must always be low on health every time i kill him. Never fails though that he spawns right beside me immediately after I kill him, only to kill me. I swear some days I think he is using hax.

I completely forgot this isn't a game but in fact real life. Just ignore my comment as it is irrelevent. :D

That's friggin funny shiat!!

SH0DAN
02-07-06, 10:13 PM
Just use the NoCD patch for FEAR, the first thing I do after installing any game is to grab a NoCD patch for it.

It doesnt work with all patches

Darkoz
02-08-06, 02:42 AM
It doesnt work with all patches

I've had no issues at all, I've used it for the original release and also the 1.02 patch without a problem.

Peoples-Agent
02-08-06, 07:22 PM
sorry, i completely forgot. When I'm playing FEAR I want to play like I'm in real life. I want to kill people and them kill me every 3 seconds, then just like in real life I want to magically come back to life only to kill someone and then them kill me again every 3 seconds.

LMFAO

hatorian
02-10-06, 12:22 AM
Sometimes I just wanna go out the and kill all the **** that bothers me.. my boss, his secretary, my supervisor, my nagging mother in-law, (not my wife I love my wife but I hate her mother), My classy neighbor... Geez I wanna make a game that involves these guys.