PDA

View Full Version : Monitor twitchy!

Serath
01-20-03, 12:48 AM
Ok guys, here's one for ya.
I dunno when this started exactly, or what I installed at the time, but maybe ya can help out.
My system:
P4 1.6Ghz
384MB ram
GF4 Ti 4200 w/ViVo
Windows XP pro
blah blah I think that's all that's important for that.
currently using DX9, and Detonator 41.09

Now here's the deal. At random points the bottom portion of my monitor gets a twitch. Just a quick little jump or something. I dunno what may cause it, though. I've got an LG Studioworks 17" monitor (775N)
If ya need any information, just ask.

Kruno
01-20-03, 01:57 AM
Try deguassing the monitor?

Serath
01-20-03, 04:28 AM
done that before with no luck.
I've changed positions n everything...
the only thing I can figure is that it's either my drivers, dx9, or an iffy card... only problem is I can't remember which, if any was last installed when this thing started :/

anxdiety
01-20-03, 05:03 AM
just give it a good smack......

i got the same prob with one of my monitors as well. It goes fine for days and then freaks out and scrambles the picture now and then. I think its something to do with the connection to it since if i ever so slighty touch the connection cable it snaps out of it

Smokey
01-20-03, 05:40 AM
Any chance thats its still under warrenty? IF so I would give LG a phone call and ask them to replace it, it does sound like a problem with the monitor though!

jnd3
01-20-03, 09:43 AM
Do you have a phone (especially a cell phone) anywhere nearby? That goobers up my monitor every once in a while. And is there a TV on the other side of the wall from your monitor? My monitor does the jig every time my wife turns on the TV up here... :)

Cheers,
JND

styles-T
01-20-03, 11:25 AM
Originally posted by jnd3
Do you have a phone (especially a cell phone) anywhere nearby? That goobers up my monitor every once in a while. And is there a TV on the other side of the wall from your monitor? My monitor does the jig every time my wife turns on the TV up here... :)

Cheers,
JND

Ditto..
You may also want to try a different monitor cable - see if that helps...

Serath
01-21-03, 12:53 PM
bleh :/
monitor works find on another PC (just tried it) so it's gotta be my card of my software *sigh* And I really don't wanna format =( Looks like I gotta.
Thanx, guys

demonized
01-21-03, 02:49 PM
try hitting the monitor:D
It worked on my 15inch monitor.

LTech221
01-22-03, 12:59 AM
Ive had a Compaq monitor that went twitchy, dont know exactly what caused it, but after about 8 months of that it just died.