PDA

View Full Version : How do I get rid of: "Press <ctrl-s> or F4 to enter RAID utility"?

sillyeagle
02-08-06, 03:05 PM
I've looked all over the bios and the raid utility and cannot find away to get rid of this message at boot on my A8N-SLI Premium. It adds like 30 seconds to my boot time....

superklye
02-08-06, 03:16 PM
Disable the RAID functions in your BIOS.

sillyeagle
02-08-06, 03:21 PM
Disable the RAID functions in your BIOS.

Yeah, but do you know where the setting is? I've looked all through the BIOS and I have yet to find it...

Dwarflord40
02-08-06, 04:00 PM
Which bios are you using.

In My bios, which is a Pheonix it is under integrated perhiperals.

sillyeagle
02-08-06, 06:28 PM
Which bios are you using.

In My bios, which is a Pheonix it is under integrated perhiperals.

Its a Pheonix Award BIOS. Under peripherals I have an NVRAID setup, and under NVRAID its set to disabled. But I can't find anything else about the RAID controler.

EDIT: OK I found it. It was listed as "Silicon SATA controller", which I originally thought was my primary SATA controller, rather than RAID.

ViN86
02-08-06, 06:38 PM
yea, mine is turned off on my a8n-sli deluxe ;)

Dudes__Geof_
02-08-06, 11:21 PM
Onboard Device Configuration .. and something about SATA in there, I am using the RAID setting in there and I don't have any issues :O

I do have a VIA chipset though, so it might be a bit different .. totally useless post for me seeing as it seems your issue is fixed :-\

snowmanwithahat
02-08-06, 11:25 PM
would that be because it's not a part of the chipset? mine does that, and that's because my chipset supports 2 SATA ports in RAID 0 or 1, and it has an additional silicon images SATA RAID controller, and that's the BIOS for that chip.... if it's an extra controller like that i doubt you'd be able to disable it, but go ahead and try, i don't know much on the subject honsestly

seeker
02-08-06, 11:37 PM
You have two separate raid controllers, one for the SATAs and another for the PATAs.

jAkUp
02-09-06, 12:40 AM
I don't think that board has PATA RAID, but it does use 2 different RAID controllers depending on which SATA ports you use. I prefer the nV raid for running RAID systems :)

seeker
02-09-06, 06:37 PM
I do not know the specific board, so you could be right, but I had a similar board and despite having quad SATA ports and dual raid for them, it also had a separate PATA raid controller.