PDA

View Full Version : opinions on my old rigs value?

grey_1
02-08-06, 06:06 PM
Hi all, I'll be putting my old rig up in the locals soon (no feedback to sell here yet) and I'm not sure of a fair asking price. Specs are[LIST]
Antec p160 case with antec neo 480 psu
AMD643200+ skt754
DFI Lanparty UT nf3250gb
maxtor 80gb hdd, 8mb cache
512mb (2x256) cl2 ram
memorex cd burner
Zalman 7700 cpu and vf700 vga coolers
winxp home w/disk (never used)
[LIST]
I was also considering a trade with cash for an fx60 or x24800, but need a better idea of what I may be able to get for this. Thanks in advance for any feedback folks.Aw heck, forgot one...PNY6800gt:o , Thanks

jazak51
02-09-06, 11:01 AM
The best way to figure out what your PC is worth is to find out what it would cost you TODAY to build it. Then depreciate it anywhere from 30%-60% since it is used, depending on how old it is and condition. When you price out your parts as new be sure to use reasonable price quotes. Inflating prices on old technology is a sales gimmic.

CaptNKILL
02-09-06, 11:16 AM
I'd say it depends on the area youre in. In my area, people dont have much money, but the people that do would gladly spend well over what that would cost in new parts, simply because its already built.

Just a rough guess, but off the top of my head, I would ask $600-700 for that if I were selling it here. Like I said, it depends on your area and the people that might be looking at it. With enough "awesome gaming machine!" buzz, you can probably get whatever you want for it. Thats a really nice machine, I wouldnt give it away for pennies simply because the parts arent brand new.

grey_1
02-09-06, 12:27 PM
Thanks much for the replies, I was figuring somewhere around $800, so not to far off. I just didn't want to shortchange myself, or rip anyone else off. I appreciate your time folks, thx.

jazak51
02-10-06, 09:35 AM
$800 sounds like a real fair price especially for all that you have in it. Just make sure that you sell it AS IS so that whoever buys it doesn't become a thorn in your flesh should unexpected things go wrong. I forgot to say that in your cost estimate, you add for your expert build time and you do not depreciate this or the cost of the OS. Obviously you do not depriciate at all if it is a new or relatively new build ( 3 months old or less ).

grey_1
02-10-06, 03:30 PM
$800 sounds like a real fair price especially for all that you have in it. Just make sure that you sell it AS IS so that whoever buys it doesn't become a thorn in your flesh should unexpected things go wrong. I forgot to say that in your cost estimate, you add for your expert build time and you do not depreciate this or the cost of the OS. Obviously you do not depriciate at all if it is a new or relatively new build ( 3 months old or less ).
Thanks Jazak51, I keep my equipment immaculate, plus the xp is a new copy with sp2 - so, good advice, thanks:)

Fathertime36
02-12-06, 07:16 PM
I would ask for at least 1K, ....geez 2)7800gt's retail in stores for @$350 a piece =$700, the cpu(venice chipset) is the best non fx single core AMD produces...yeah man stick it out and try to get atleast a grand....that system as a whole is well worth that much and whomever would purchase it from you would be making out very well.

grey_1
02-12-06, 07:53 PM
I would ask for at least 1K, ....geez 2)7800gt's retail in stores for @$350 a piece =$700, the cpu(venice chipset) is the best non fx single core AMD produces...yeah man stick it out and try to get atleast a grand....that system as a whole is well worth that much and whomever would purchase it from you would be making out very well. This is my current rig in my sig, Old one is in body of 1st post. Thanks anyway tho:D