PDA

View Full Version : urgent: where can I get Detonators for the GeforceGO series?

Crake
01-20-03, 07:19 AM
well... question as above...
I don't understand nvidia why they don't offer drivers for the mobile series... anyway, it's urgent, i wanna format the HD on my father's laptop and want the latest drivers...
thanks a lot!
Crake :afro:

saturnotaku
01-20-03, 10:12 AM
You can download drivers at the laptop maker's support site. Alternatively, if he has a GeForce4 xxx Go - you can take any detonator set and force install the drivers as a GeForce4 MX xxx. For example, my Dell has the GeForce4 440 Go. When I download drivers, I go through Windows device manager and update the drivers, selecting the GeForce4 MX 440 as my card. Windows will give me a warning message, which I ignore, let the drivers install, then go on my way. Works every time. :D

Daelemans_G
01-21-03, 09:09 AM
Hey Saturn - what model Inspiron/size display do you have?

Many of us Dell owners need a hacked .inf to work with our 1400x1050 displays...and I've personally yet to get any of the newer non-dell drivers to work properly...either I get lockups, or the refresh rates for my external monitor are messed up.

There are some guys out there (found at the Dell boards) doing good work with modded .inf's - just haven't found the one that works for my setup yet.

So, I'm stuck at 28.35 drivers on my laptop...

saturnotaku
01-21-03, 11:23 AM
I have an Inspiron 8200 with the 15" UXGA screen. Its native resolution is 1600x1200. As a result, I can use any detonator driver without having to worry about modifying .inf files especially since I'd never use 1400x1050. For games and such, I pretty much stick to 1024x768 because of the GF4 MX nature of the graphics chip. :)