PDA

View Full Version : Aftermath Changes Name??!!

jAkUp
02-10-06, 11:01 PM
Valve Software has revealed to GameSpot that Aftermath, the upcoming expansion pack to the award-winning 2004 shooter Half-Life 2, has been renamed "Half-Life 2: Episode One." When asked whether the name change is indicative of a change in direction for the Half-Life 2 franchise, Valve marketing director Doug Lombardi replied, "episodic." When asked the follow-up question of whether the new name meant that beginning of a regular flow of content, Lombardi replied, "yes."

http://www.gamespot.com/pages/news/story.php?sid=6144151

Daydre@m
02-10-06, 11:13 PM
Cool , well at least then we will get periodic new levels to play once in a while . ( Although the levels are 20 minutes long and the period it takes to develop 'em is 1 and a half year each :D )

Mudcrutch
02-10-06, 11:53 PM
i guess this will make it easier to sort out which additions are which... i still think they should have sub-titles -- like HL2 episode 1: aftermath

SlyBoots
02-11-06, 12:36 AM
or maybe.... UFO:Aftermath or C&C:Red Alert the Aftermath....might have the name copyrighted?

Edge
02-11-06, 12:53 AM
Good, at least now it won't seem like they're copying Red Alert's expansion names (Counter-strike...Aftermath...come on, where's the originality?). Still, I'm not so sure about having Half-life turn to an "episodic" series...getting a fraction of a game every half a year honestly sounds more annoying than anything. Especially since it would probably make the endings even MORE anti-climatic than they already are.

|MaguS|
02-11-06, 07:28 AM
or maybe.... UFO:Aftermath or C&C:Red Alert the Aftermath....might have the name copyrighted?

Can't copyright "Aftermath" as a sub title.