PDA

View Full Version : MX vs ATV - No Keyboard Support

technoid
02-11-06, 09:55 AM
I just installed MX vs ATV Unleashed and the keyboard won't work so I can't play the game. I can select a menu item with the mouse but once I get in the menu the escape key won't bring me back to the main menu and using the mouse on the back selection seems to work becaue it gives me a red flash but nothing happens. If I hit it enough it will finally go back but I can't play the game. So does anyone have any ideas?

ASUS P4C800 Deluxe
P4 Northwood
2 GIG RAM
6800GT - Latest NVIDIA Drivers
Creative Audigy

I don't have any controllers plugged in just the keyboard and mouse. I'm using a standard PS/2 Keyboard and USB Microsoft Optical Mouse.

BTW: I had the MX vs ATV demo installed and it worked fine.

Mr. Hunt
02-11-06, 12:19 PM
Lol sorry... I am just laughing because first Jakup (I think) made the topic about the demo and it was "MS vs. ATX" and now MX vs. ATI... sorry I can't help... I just had to laugh and mention it.

technoid
02-11-06, 04:31 PM
OPPs... I forgot about the other thread and it didn't show up in my list. I found out what the problem was, it was me being bad I guess. I hadn't put on Service Pack 2 and after I did some Google searches I found someone saying that it was required and I guess it was because after I put on SP2 it works fine now. Who would have thouht you needed SP2 for your keyboard to work. Plus the demo worked fine with SP1.

Roadhog
02-11-06, 05:52 PM
MX vs ATI.. ROFL

technoid
02-11-06, 11:02 PM
MX vs ATI.. ROFL
Ha... I know what you mean. It ain't that much of a game but I use to ride dirt bikes and raced a tiny bit so I'm a sucker for dirt bike games. For the most part I just ride the tracks and have fun with them :) And it's not to bad for that, sorta.

HA... I just noticed what's wrong. Sometimes when you write something you never see what's wrong with it... MX vs ATI :)

jAkUp
02-11-06, 11:07 PM
I think he was laughing because you put MX vs. ATI

:D

No worries, a few weeks ago I put MS vs. ATX :D

technoid
02-11-06, 11:15 PM
I think he was laughing because you put MX vs. ATI

:D

No worries, a few weeks ago I put MS vs. ATX :D
hehehe... I noticed that just after I hit the submit reply button. I guess I was editing my post as you entered yours :D

BTW: Can I edit the title of a thread I started?

jAkUp
02-12-06, 01:52 PM
No, but I can :D Fixed.

Anyways, I like this game, mainly just the freeride events, I went to the store looking for it the other day but was unable to find it.

jAkUp
03-05-06, 02:09 PM
I believe that if you lean in the right manner you can fly like that too :)

OMEGA™
10-02-06, 04:34 PM
I know this thread is old but, the trick is for pre load to load the suspension at the lip of the jump (lean back and stab forward). If you want more airtime pre-load at the bottom start of the jump then then a quick jab back then forward at the lip again.

MX vs ATV Unleashed training video (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xIfrh5pa_lY)