PDA

View Full Version : Change Nvidia settings from command line / scripted

Filibuster
02-11-06, 10:09 AM
Hello all.

Specifically, I have a need to be able to enable/disable the "full screen video device" setting in the Nvidia control panel from a batch file or program script. I've tried a few different macro programs but its like the NV window moves a tiny bit sometimes and it is unreliable.

There doesn't seem to be a way to adjust this in Rivatuner and I haven't found other programs that do it automatically either. If I was the only one using this it wouldn't be a big deal but it has to be automatic so everyday JohnDoe can use it.

Any suggestions are appreciated.

sniggle
02-12-06, 02:38 PM
most likely there are registry changes made when you change these options through the nvidia control panel. you can get a program like regmon and monitor what registry keys the control panel is changing when you modify that setting, and then write a batch file to modify that registry key directly.

or, you can dump the registry hive that contains all nvidia settings before and after you change that option and then diff the two files to find out what key was changed.

Filibuster
02-12-06, 02:56 PM
Thanks for the reply. I forgot about that but I had already tried exactly what you said (regmon). It doesn't look like the driver checks the registry before every application starts because this didn't work.

Maybe I'll give this another shot though in case I missed something.

H-street
02-12-06, 06:13 PM
when i was looking into this , i came up empty handed.

its one of those nice things 3dfx did that nvidia never bothered with..