PDA

View Full Version : nVidia back to the worldwide leader?

Treason
02-13-06, 03:28 PM
Last year all the nVidia press releases switched from "NVIDIA Corporation (Nasdaq: NVDA), the worldwide leader in programmable graphics processing technologies..." to "NVIDIA Corporation (Nasdaq: NVDA), a worldwide leader in programmable graphics processing technologies..."

I remember from a thread about this that a forum member mentioned that Intel had a hand in changing that statement. Now it is back to the worldwide leader. I know this has nothing to do with us grunts, but does it mean something in the corporate world?

Dunno, just something I noticed, just like the nVidia logo in the San Jose Sharks arena hockey boards.

OWA
02-13-06, 04:51 PM
The last time I saw the market shares (not too long ago), I thought it had Intel still in the lead. So, maybe too much is being read into the slight change in wording.

hemmy
02-13-06, 06:48 PM
Intel
ATI
NVIDIA
Other noob companies

in that order

All of Intels, and a good chunk of ATI's is through the integrated market, where until recently NVIDIA has had nothing for a long time

OWA
02-13-06, 09:27 PM
Overall, Intel claimed 32 percent of the desktop graphics market, the firm found. ATI held steady at 24 percent, and Nvidia picked up one point to come in at 23 percent. In discrete graphics, however, Nvidia increased its lead to 52 percent over ATI's 47 percent, which JPR attributed to Nvidia's high-end successes in the retail market. Editor's Note: This story was updated at 11:00 AM on Feb. 8 with comments from JPR's Peddie.
http://www.extremetech.com/article2/0,1697,1922755,00.asp

Treason
02-14-06, 04:55 AM
Cool, that explains everything then. :cool: