PDA

View Full Version : Read/Write access to Xbox 360 HD

brady
02-13-06, 08:16 PM
Some of you may have seen this (http://forums.xbox-scene.com/index.php?showtopic=489606) on other forums, so I suppose this is for those who don't check the 360 modding forums.

Xplorer360 v0.9: Read/Write access to Xbox 360 HD, Mcard *UPDATED* Beta2 -- Posted by XanTium on February 12 21:35 EST
Roofus and AngerWound of 360GameSaves.com released a new application to access the Xbox 360 HDD (all 3 partitions), Memcard or dumps of these, with full write support!
From 360gamesaves.com:
Here it is! The highly anticipated release of xplorer360. This is beta software and needs testing. What better way then let you guys find the bugs!

Too many features to list but here are a few:
* FULL Read/Write to 360 HDDs.
* FULL Read/Write to 360 Memory Units.
* Physical and Logical drive access.
* Support for opening of dumps of both devices.
* Backup/Restore dump options.

slick
02-13-06, 09:11 PM
And it's only a matter of time before the the 360 is modded to hell now. Gosh darnit.

brady
02-13-06, 09:18 PM
I don't care about this all that much. I built a nice media center pc so any media I might want on my 360 is "virtually" there through the mce functionality. For those without WMCE, I guess this is a way they could migrate audio and video files to the HD.

msxyz
02-14-06, 04:23 AM
It's not a MOD in the true sense of term, the proprietary memory card is just a conventional USB flash drive with a non standard connector so it's just a matter of soldering a male USB cable to make it compatible with a PC port