PDA

View Full Version : Buzzing noise from motherboard?

einstein_314
02-14-06, 09:50 PM
Ok I seem to be having this weird problem. When ever I run a 3d program, a buzzing noise starts on my motherboard that is directly related to the frame rate. The higher the frame rate, the faster the buzzing. It almost sounds like something is vibrating but I don't know what it could be. It's not a fan (I've unplugged them all to check) or my hard drives (same thing). I don't know what else it could be. As soon as I shut down the 3d program, it stops. I've been using a paper towel tube to try and narrow down where the noise is coming from and it seems to be between my video card and the processor socket.

Also, sometimes it clicks whenever I use the scroll wheel on my mouse. Is this normal? Or am I going to have to rma something?

nV`andrew
02-14-06, 09:55 PM
i think something harmful may happen, and even if this is harmless, good idea to rma so u dont have to hear those sounds and so all ur hardware doesnt fry

seeker
02-14-06, 10:45 PM
I recently lost both a motherboard and video card and had to rma them, and I had no warning of any kind. I definitely would not consider it normal.

Roadhog
02-15-06, 02:53 PM
sure its not the psu? Try running your system not overclocked.