PDA

View Full Version : How do I unlock wide body kits in NFS underground 2?

Capt. Picard
02-15-06, 01:27 AM
I've finished NFS MW some time ago and went back to NFS U2 just to fool around. What I still haven't figured out yet is how the hell do you unlock the widebody kits in career mode. I've finished the game and completed all races and all they told me is that I've only unlocked all the visual upgrades in quick race mode. Why can't I get all the visual upgrades (wide body kits) in career mode also.

Parts
02-15-06, 03:23 AM
Ahhh, but have you done all the "On The Spot" races where you go up to someone and flash the lights and just giv'r?

Capt. Picard
02-15-06, 04:09 AM
Ahhh, but have you done all the "On The Spot" races where you go up to someone and flash the lights and just giv'r?

What do you mean? Those challenge races?

msxyz
02-15-06, 06:24 AM
Body kits are unlocked in the last race before the shodown with Eddie (a time trial if I remember correctly)

There is a good savegame editor around. Just be sure to advance manually after race 111 or the game will crash upon selecting wide body kits.

agentkay
02-15-06, 07:52 AM
What do you mean? Those challenge races?

No, when you free roam thru the city in NFSU2, you can see these orange triangles and these guys are AI opponents that you can challenge for a small race thru the city. The guy that leads can pick the route and winner is who has a 20 second lead or something. To start a race like that, you just go behind your opponent, and when you both drive around the same speed, an icon comes up (and a little sound is played), and the opponent turns on some lights. Then you press the confirm button I think and the race is on.

Capt. Picard
02-15-06, 08:41 AM
Body kits are unlocked in the last race before the shodown with Eddie (a time trial if I remember correctly)

There is a good savegame editor around. Just be sure to advance manually after race 111 or the game will crash upon selecting wide body kits.

I did complete all races before Caleb and got nothing.

How many of the street opponents are there to race.

msxyz
02-15-06, 08:43 AM
Whoops! I confused the first NFSU with the second. :)

What I said applies to the first chapter of the Underground saga. Sorry for the bad information.

Shamrock
02-15-06, 09:40 PM
You have to complete 11 (or is it 13?) in level 5. Outrun races to unlock the body kits.