PDA

View Full Version : Motherboard search my asus ones garbage!! HELP!

bugmage
02-15-06, 10:26 AM
I have a aus a8n cmv and its trash, no ntune, ht wont go higher than 800x8 and now it wont boot for me

so im searching for another

Now there are a few reasons why im not just newegging a new one
A. i know theres a lot of newer ones out there that support my X2 with a bios flash but reviews wont tell you that, so im looking for experience

heres what it must have:
X2 support, also must boot to dos w/o X2 support so i can flash it and get it
socket 939
usb2.0
4x sata 2 or 2xsata2, 2xsata1
onboard grafixe prefered- but not that important
pci Xpress
micro atx
5.1 sound
NTUNE SUPPORT!
2000 ht
Preferbly 4 dimms

if you guys have come across anything like this let me know asap, thanks guys, and i dont have a working comp so replys might be sparce

jAkUp
02-15-06, 12:03 PM
If your looking for overclocking, I would say DFI Lanparty. MSI is not half bad either though.

SH64
02-15-06, 01:15 PM
If your looking for overclocking, I would say DFI Lanparty. MSI is not half bad either though.

Seconded!

darkrider01
02-15-06, 02:50 PM
micro atx

Kind of rules out the LAN party, right?

I believe this Giga-Byte (http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16813128315) board meets all your criteria. Beware though, I am just a Giga-Byte fanboy. They have yet to fail me. I have had nothing but problems with MSI motherboards, so I say stay away from MSI mainboards.

pkirby11
02-15-06, 05:53 PM
I mean no insult hear, but I've used nothing but Asus boards for the past 3 years and been happy all the way. Never had any problems, except the chipset fan issue on the A8NSLI-Deluxe which was fixed quickly and as far as I could tell was and NF4 design error. I love Asus, do people really have so many problems with there boards? And if so I guess I'm luck huh? :D

bugmage
02-16-06, 05:10 AM
well i decided to go with the foxconn 6150 chipset, my last foxconn board was sketchy but judging by reviews a new egg for the most part the foxconn should be lal i need, the msi is out of stock but i thinks thats because it has all kinds of video out

and the foxconns nice because it has 6 connectiors so i can use my mic again and also it bright orange pcb and it honestly looks like its loaded with OCing and NTUNE! yeah!(pirate)

grey_1
02-16-06, 06:37 PM
Seconded! Thirded! I haven't changed my sig yet, but rock-solid stable @224x11 for a week now, still playing with it:D EDIT: heck, just saw the 'micro'