PDA

View Full Version : PCU Temps on watercooling

fasedww
02-15-06, 07:06 PM
Well got a dual 120mm doulble row raditor from dangerden, thats mounted on a rad box outside my case. got a hydro L30 2 pump, running 1/2 inch pvc hose the good stuff that don't kink, forgot the name, and a dangerden copperTDX cpu waterblock. Running my 170 operaton at 2.66mhz, at 1.40 in the bios but it is really 1.42-1.44, on the pc probe,right now cpu at idle 27c, and motherboard at 30C, I have two 80mm fans on the side of my case one at the middle of the video cards, one at the memory higher up. It helps in minnesota, I just crack my bedroom window and cold air is there. I mean it's probally 68 degress in my room. My cpu never gets above 34C, when playing fear or any game for as long as I want, motheboard will get to 43C:) though, because of two video cards I'm sure.

Q
02-15-06, 07:52 PM
Why not cool the videocards with water? I would just get a generic block instead of one of those $125 custom 7800 blocks and just use heatsinks on the memory. Any reason why you aren't going this route?

fasedww
02-15-06, 08:19 PM
Why not cool the videocards with water? I would just get a generic block instead of one of those $125 custom 7800 blocks and just use heatsinks on the memory. Any reason why you aren't going this route?
Yeah I was thinking about it, I had one of those expensive blocks at one time on my 6800 Gt hooked up to a zalman reservior all by itself. I don't no guess there running cool enough, like 37C and 31C at idle right now, Never really get to 64C and 61C when running games. Probally gert warmer in the spring. But in the summer I turn my 13,000 btu airconditioner on in my room. Damn it really cools.:)