PDA

View Full Version : Far Cry Instincts PREDATOR: Water and View Distance (XBox 360)

Burpy
02-16-06, 08:00 AM
http://img218.imageshack.us/img218/7199/11370054540dw.jpg

[ Far Cry Instincts PREDATOR: Water and View Distance Video (http://xboxmovies.teamxbox.com/xbox-360/2905/Far-Cry-Instincts-PREDATOR-Water-and-View-Distance/) ]

The water effects in this video are really impressive! Makes me wish I had a XBox 360. :p

kaltek
02-16-06, 08:10 AM
Nice :)

PeterJensen
02-16-06, 09:49 AM
Fab Fab Fab Fab!

steamedrice
02-17-06, 01:30 AM
are ppl gonna buy this game just to look at the water?

so far no one questions anything about the game other than wow omg wavy water!

Lil Sassy
02-17-06, 01:33 AM
are ppl gonna buy this game just to look at the water? Yes, they will.

1337_Like_ThaT
02-17-06, 02:09 AM
wow omg wavy water!

Arioch
02-17-06, 03:15 AM
I always loved Far Cry's bright outdoor areas that were a nice change from most FPS that seem to be mostly corrider shooters. I am almost certainly buying this when I get my Xbox 360 soon.

npras42
02-17-06, 07:38 AM

Well what else are people going to do considering we havent played it??? Imagine how amazing that gameplay will be! WOW! ;)

SH64
02-17-06, 09:17 AM
wow omg wavy water!
QFT!!!!!!1111111 :drooling: :drooling: :p

jAkUp
02-17-06, 11:07 PM
OMG that is incredible

bugmage
02-17-06, 11:24 PM
ah you cant compair them, its been almost 2 years sense the first farcry came out. Now if youve played games like black and white 2 youll relize how breathtaking water effects can be, but remember the waves take a lot of drawing powers to do so many crazy reflection layers, so in a game like black and white 2 where you see across most of a island the waves are small and have little height, but in a FPS your right there so you dont have to draw as much and you can use the extra gpu power for nice wave breaks, anyway yeah its sweet but its would look just the same on computer, and it wont be long untill pc games have the same effects, which isnt that bad when you consider every xbox effects copied from some great pc game that poineered it. Anyway as you can see I dont like xboxes :) but yea cool water, i cant wait to have it in Battle field 3 or something

jAkUp
02-17-06, 11:26 PM
Of course there is no doubt in my mind that a game developed for current PC's could do this same effect, and possibly even better, but it still looks really cool :D

bugmage
02-17-06, 11:29 PM
to bad the video doesnt have the waves crashing or the dude staning in them/ would be cool if it knocked you back when they hit, water spray on scopes

bugmage
02-17-06, 11:32 PM
oh and i just dont like how they make these videos, so PC games look like crap to the average joe, the whole 2 year thing yeah know there like, oh lets spend 5 min turning up all the settings on the old pc game, then show you it then blow you away with xbox. thats like showing you tribes, and then slappen you with tribes vengence

evilchris
02-17-06, 11:46 PM

People bought FarCry for SHINEY PIPES and LUSH VEGETATION.

Edge
02-18-06, 12:41 AM
oh and i just dont like how they make these videos, so PC games look like crap to the average joe, the whole 2 year thing yeah know there like, oh lets spend 5 min turning up all the settings on the old pc game, then show you it then blow you away with xbox. thats like showing you tribes, and then slappen you with tribes vengence

Yes, that's exactly what it's like: comparing a previous game to a new game. You've never seen a site match the original version of a game to a sequel/upgraded version? I see it all the time, Valve even started their Half-life 2 presentation by comparing it to Half-life 1. I don't see how taking a game that was previously considered a showcase of graphic technology and comparing it to a new version is misleading.

Acid Rain
02-18-06, 04:22 AM
Of course there is no doubt in my mind that a game developed for current PC's could do this same effect, and possibly even better, but it still looks really cool :DYeah. I think the cool thing here is that this weeny-ass console can do that kind of crap. Some of these 360 games are really surprising me. Actually, a large percentage of them are. My PC only fapping policy is going down the tubes fast. I geuss I'll need to get good with the fumblesticks.

evilchris
02-18-06, 11:03 AM
Yeah. I think the cool thing here is that this weeny-ass console can do that kind of crap.

The weeny ass console is more powerful than the majority of people's PC's on this forum.

agentkay
02-18-06, 11:18 AM
Lets hope that console learns to use 16AF and proper 720p in EVERY game one day. MS should have rather released the Box a few months later so devs could have finished their games properly.

brady
02-18-06, 12:51 PM
Lets hope that console learns to use 16AF and proper 720p in EVERY game one day. MS should have rather released the Box a few months later so devs could have finished their games properly.

QFT