PDA

View Full Version : ***Official SW: Empire at War Feedback Thread***

kev13dd
02-17-06, 08:11 PM
Anyone got it yet? I heard a ton of mixed reviews on the demo but I got the game anyways. Has anyone else gotton the chance to play it?

K

Peoples-Agent
02-17-06, 08:22 PM
One guy who has it has just told me its way too easy, he installed it earlier and expects he will have finished it by the morning.

GamerGuyX
02-18-06, 12:50 AM
Does anybody else have the problem with the using the Y-Wing's Ion Cannon ability on the Kessel Rescue level? Whenever I try to use the ability nothing seems to happen. Does anybody know what the hell the problem could be?

Superfly
02-18-06, 03:00 AM
Does anybody else have the problem with the using the Y-Wing's Ion Cannon ability on the Kessel Rescue level? Whenever I try to use the ability nothing seems to happen. Does anybody know what the hell the problem could be?

Same issue here, it works if you select an individual bomber and use the Ion Cannon when your up close.

Sad thing is I can stop the shuttles but I cant keep them alive till the end :-(

oh well - im sure i'll be past it tonight.

Superfly
02-18-06, 03:01 AM
new 1.02 patch is out chaps - check the home page.

kev13dd
02-18-06, 11:00 PM
This is one of the best games I've played in a long time. I've tried games like it with the whole "conquer the world" thing, but the "conquer the universe" with space and land mixed together, is pretty damn good

That said, there is nothing SUPER special about the land fights. The world detail is minimal and boring. But combined with everythine else, not too bad

K

Superfly
02-20-06, 04:13 AM
If anyone else is getting that exception error I found rolling back to version 1.00 helped a LOT.

waiting on a proper fixed v1.03 patch.......

zoomy942
02-20-06, 09:41 AM
i saw a buddy of mine playing it. i dont usually go for RTS's but this look kinda neat.

Superfly
02-20-06, 09:48 AM
yeh it has tactics on 3 levels - ground/space and the galaxy map.

has a few annoying crash bugs though :-(

should be sorted out soon I hope.

Raisen
02-21-06, 07:10 AM
Hello, new poster here... I personally liked the game a lot. It is the first good SW RTS ever (not counting the AoE TC). And it looks quite good. The Space combat is the best part, hands down. It is a hell lot better than BME2 (at least the demo), which is pretty but utterly derivative.

Superfly
02-21-06, 07:52 AM
Personnally I think BFME2 will be the better tacticle game.

|MaguS|
02-21-06, 08:02 AM
Personnally I think BFME2 will be the better tacticle game.

Same here.

Lfctony
02-21-06, 11:12 PM
Hehe, just faced my first Imperial Star Destroyer, I was expecting Acclamators and the odd Victory. It was a very pleasant, jaw dropping surprise.I managed to take it out, but with heavy losses. :)

fugu_fish
02-23-06, 02:20 PM
I've been binging on this game for the last couple of days and I'm really enjoying it so far. I've been playing the campaign as the the Empire and I can't tell if the game is too easy or 'historically' accurate as the Empire should be dominating at this point in the Star Wars timeline. I've conquered 90% of the map and I've only had a few tough fights. The invasion of Endor was nuts! Waves of Ewoks rush you as soon as you land. You can only land 3 units at first so I kept getting overrun. I had a tough space battle at Dantooine. I arrived with 15 or so capital ships but the Rebels had a huge fleet of corvettes and X and Y-Wings. The AI can be wonky at times. It insisted on throwing fleets of 50-75 X-Wing squadrons at Coruscant. I fended them off with a Class 2 space station and a couple of ships. It tried this strange tactic 3 or 4 times.

Pros: Looks great, runs very well, no problem with my dual-core. Running at 1680X1050 4X AA/16X AF all graphics maxed. It's been 100% stable so far. I know that some people have had crash issues but it hasn't happened to me yet.
Very good voice acting and sound effects. The whole game has a nice polished feel. Pretty good manual and quick reference card.
The cinematic camera is cool for a while.

Cons: Small unit counts. Even if you have 50 capital ships you can only use 6 or so at a time (not counting all the fighters/bombers). The rest come in as reinforcements as your units get destroyed. Same for ground battles. Sometimes you can only land 3 units to start until you capture more reinforcement points.