PDA

View Full Version : Tomb Raider Legends Screenshots

jAkUp
02-17-06, 09:15 PM
Other than the lack of AA/AF, it doesn't look half bad. Tomb Raider started sucking after TR2, so, hopefully Legends goes back to the original formula :)

These are all PC screenshots, the XB360 screenies look identical.

Peoples-Agent
02-17-06, 09:24 PM
Tomb Raider is well played out for me, I just can't be bothered with it.

A game I would love to see is a half decent Blade game based on the graphical novels and not a blasted cash in.

nekrosoft13
02-17-06, 09:26 PM
some textures are still rather bad

last TB game i played was TB2, it really went down the hill from there

edit
jAkUp, i'm a little suprised, only one HDD?

jAkUp
02-17-06, 10:10 PM
some textures are still rather bad

last TB game i played was TB2, it really went down the hill from there

edit
jAkUp, i'm a little suprised, only one HDD?

Yea, I'm not one for much storage :D Thinking about a 150GB rappy though :)

Knot3D
02-17-06, 10:45 PM
I can tell it's multiplatform game ; although i like how it 'scales' upwards visually.

Mr_LoL
02-18-06, 02:15 AM
I hope this is on consoles as it would be easier for me to play. Tomb raider 3 was my favourite.

Edge
02-18-06, 02:34 AM
Looks pretty nice. It will be interesting to see if it lives up to the earlier Tomb Raiders, since it's being done by a totally different developer that hasn't made any previous Tomb Raider games. I'm surprised it looks as good as it does considering it's being developed all the way down to the PS2. Wonder if it will be like King Kong where there's one "version" of the game for the Xbox/PS2 and another graphically overhauled version for the Xbox 360/PC (although this time it's likely the standard PC version would be based off the Xbox 360 version).

Are those really PC screenshots though? It's rare you see PC game screens in 720p resolution.

Sectus
02-18-06, 03:57 AM
I'm looking forward to the game. The graphics seems extremely scalable. In a developer interview it was stated the PC version could look anywhere between the PS2 version and the 360 version depending on your hardware. Although the 360 version does look rather "fake" in some places due to overuse of bumpmapping.

They're trying to re-capture the feel and style of Tomb Raider 1 so old fans of the series should like that. I'm not completely convinced about the gameplay though. The combat is hard to tell, but I never liked the combat in any of the previous TR games, so I'm sceptical about the combat in this too. Especially since it even has a bit of bullet time in it (a feature I wish would be banned from games already, talk about overused...).

The most important thing in my opinion is going to be the acrobatics, puzzles and level design. After being extremely disappointed with the new Prince of Persia series I'm really hoping this game will do well in that category. I want open levels where exploration is necessary, extremely challenging puzzles, and acrobatics which are fun to do while looking reasonably realistic.

At least the handstand and swan dives moves are in this game also, that's a good sign.

npras42
02-18-06, 05:54 AM
...I'm surprised it looks as good as it does considering it's being developed all the way down to the PS2...

Actually, from what i read of the preview on gamespot, its being scaled ALL the way down to the PSP. Exact same game apparently and almost graphically indistinguishable from its PS2 counterpart.

Now as you've all said, not really been any good TRs since TR3, but I'm almost convinced this will be different. All the previews I've read sound very optimistic about the gameplay, and say it has taken a step back towards the original, with good locations and excellent puzzles.

I really can't wait. After the first year of owning my PSX, TR was most definitely my favourite game. I've always hoped it would return to form. :)

stncttr908
02-18-06, 01:04 PM
This is one series I wouldn't mind seeing get back on its feet. I played the crap out of the first two on my PS.

Q
02-18-06, 03:37 PM
This is one series I wouldn't mind seeing get back on its feet. I played the crap out of the first two on my PS.

I feel the same way. I've learned to not have high hopes with this series, but hopefully we will all be pleasantly surprised.

OWA
02-18-06, 11:50 PM
I thought some of the screenshots look pretty good. I mainly just played the first one so I'm not really tired of it yet. I'm looking forward to it.

Morrow
02-19-06, 07:11 AM
I can't wait for this one, finally a non-WW2 game, yeah.

I played all the TR games including the GBC version and I really need again a great action-adventure game even if the graphics are not uptodate with FEAR or so, I don't care. I want to explore again lost places and seek for treasure.

The screenshots look fantastic for a TR game, I'm so going to buy this one

Chiles4
02-21-06, 02:04 PM
The "atmosphere" in those screenies looks pretty impressive. Why is it that Lara still looks like a cartoon? In a dark cave, her character still "glows" like it was fully lit. Weird.

I may try to get back into TR with this one - after the price falls dramatically. Just need a change of pace.

monkeydust
02-21-06, 02:08 PM
Not sure if I'd like this better on console or PC. I have an awful lot of issue trying to aim a gun with a console controller.

Knot3D
02-21-06, 02:12 PM
^If all goes well, then the new TR game will not feature alot of shooting action.

Back to the core of kinetic puzzles, for which a pc gamepad would be excellent.

|MaguS|
02-21-06, 03:45 PM
I won't miss this game, Its being developed by Crystal Dynamics (Legacy of Kain and Soul Reaver Series) and well if you never played and enjoyed one of their games then you suck...

gmontem
02-21-06, 06:40 PM
Is the third pic a hint that players can pull down Lara's shorts? (nana2)