PDA

View Full Version : 64 bit monitor driver

seeker
02-18-06, 10:02 AM
I'm getting ready to buy a copy of XP Pro 64bit. I have checked and found that all of my hardware has drivers available, except my monitor. On the 32bit system, it works just fine on the XP driver, and the only thing that the driver download from KDS does is to provide some alternative resolutions which ends up the same as without them and the only change is that the monitor is listed by brand, instead of as generic. However, I have heard others speaking about 64bit monitor drivers as a requirement to operate their monitors. Is this true of all monitors, or just some of them?

Xyphus
02-18-06, 11:00 AM
My Sony Multiscan G400 drivers were included in Windows 64bit. Didn't have to do a thing.. I haven't had to use my Sony install disk since SP1 from Windows XP, so chances are good that your driver may be "In The Box" with the x64 release...

seeker
02-18-06, 12:47 PM
I sort of thought that might be true, but I wanted to know before spending any money on XP 64bit. I know that I do not want to replace the monitor.

AliceCooper
02-19-06, 11:36 AM
I've got an LG 1710B and there is no 64bit driver as far as I can see.

It shows as a Plug-n-Play monitor but it works great. I dual boot and I can't tell the difference between my monitor with 32bit driver and 64bit without.

XP Pro 64bit is excellent IMO and I would definately say it's worth getting.

Go for it!!!

Cheers:D

wheeljack12
02-19-06, 03:07 PM
dude, here is the link for LG 64 bit monitor drivers:

http://us.lge.com/support/index.jsp (click driver downloads, then monitor under products)

If you are getting a monitor for x64, nec, viewsonic and LG are your best bet for drivers.

AliceCooper
02-19-06, 06:16 PM
:thumbdwn: dude, here is the link for LG 64 bit monitor drivers:

http://us.lge.com/support/index.jsp (click driver downloads, then monitor under products)

If you are getting a monitor for x64, nec, viewsonic and LG are your best bet for drivers.

Already been there but it does not work. Even the tech phone line says it does but it does not. System says it is not compatible with Win Xp 64 and asks to look for new driver.

Thanks anyway.

SH0DAN
02-19-06, 07:01 PM
I sort of thought that might be true, but I wanted to know before spending any money on XP 64bit. I know that I do not want to replace the monitor.

No you do not need to have 64 bit drivers or any drivers for your monitor on xp64,worse comes to worse use Powerstrip to make a inf yourself.Check my sig,both monitors in it as well as a Samsung 950b and a Samsung 957df are
and have been running fine for ages with no diver installed !

nukem
02-20-06, 12:23 AM
Monitors need drivers? On Linux all you need is to write the specs in your xorg.conf file. Anyway if its an inf file shouldnt you be able to copy it onto 64bit?

j0j081
02-20-06, 01:18 AM
you should be fine without monitor drivers. someone made a 64 bit driver for my Samsung monitor but the only thing it does is add a few resolution modes I never use and the Samsung color profile which I can't tell a difference with or without.

Unwinder
02-20-06, 01:31 AM
RivaTuner is able to generate 64-bit OS compatible monitor driver. Use its' monitor driver wizard tab to do it.