Official so they say..........

superklye
02-19-06, 04:51 PM
French?

What do these do?

Superfly
02-19-06, 05:11 PM
Driver package is english

They update your driver?? - what else would they do??? :-)

Superfly
02-19-06, 05:13 PM
oh - the driver is time limited?? - wierd stuff.

it expires in May.............

jAkUp
02-19-06, 05:14 PM
Yea, thats how Creative's beta drivers are.

Anyways, I got them installed, thanks :)

superklye
02-19-06, 05:21 PM
Time limited drivers? That the dumbest thing I've ever heard. And jAk, can you post a changelog or some such thing plz? kthx.

jolle
02-19-06, 08:45 PM
Well someone better post something!

Superfly
02-20-06, 01:53 AM
beta driver hence no change log.

superklye
02-20-06, 01:53 AM
Boo...why'd you install them then, if you don't even know what they change/fix?

jAkUp
02-20-06, 01:58 AM
You can't have rewards without risks! :)

superklye
02-20-06, 02:07 AM
You can't have rewards without risks! :)
So...you'd have unprotected sex with Pamela Anderson, even if it meant you may very well get Hepatitis C? :D

Superfly
02-20-06, 03:37 AM
So...you'd have unprotected sex with Pamela Anderson, even if it meant you may very well get Hepatitis C? :D
Roger that :D

Seriously though - its an Audio driver?? what exactly did you want to change??

There will be performance improvments (creative ALWAYS list performance improvments in driver release notes) along with future game compatability and some bug fixes, I cant see any reason not to install them........

Might help those that have suffered with the popping issue too........ (I did in Bf2 until I understood how to setup the X-Fi).

Superfly
02-20-06, 03:47 AM
Boo...why'd you install them then, if you don't even know what they change/fix?

foe the same reasons we always go for the latest Forceware driver, bug fixes and performance......;)

Smokey
02-20-06, 06:04 AM
Installing now, will test when I finish work, Im hoping they improve BF2 performance on Ultra Quality!

Superfly
02-20-06, 06:42 AM
Well they work great for me, Windows Audio is as good and clear as ever.

Games tested so far are: SWEAW (EAX4), Q4, BF2 (x-Fi mode, Ultra quality).

All sound great.

superklye
02-20-06, 08:29 AM
Roger that :D

Seriously though - its an Audio driver?? what exactly did you want to change??

There will be performance improvments (creative ALWAYS list performance improvments in driver release notes) along with future game compatability and some bug fixes, I cant see any reason not to install them........

Might help those that have suffered with the popping issue too........ (I did in Bf2 until I understood how to setup the X-Fi).
Well...is it just to the drivers or is it for the whole software package? I mean, bug or not, the 800x600 resolution that is imposed by the Entertainment Center or whatever the media player stuff is, is RIDICULOUS. Is that still the same?

And I don't know. I haven't experienced any problems, but I usually don't with video cards, but they still list bugs that are fixed and whatnot and I upgrade them. It's not any different for these. Just because I haven't experienced anything doesn't mean they aren't there, ya know?

Superfly
02-20-06, 08:45 AM
Hi there,

It updated both the driver and the Audio Console to the latest version, I dont use the entertainment centre so I cant speak for that app but certainly the bits I do use are running fine..

Im sure Creative will post an updated WHQL version of this driver sometime between now and the expiry date with full release notes etc etc.

Smokey
02-20-06, 12:19 PM
Well they work great for me, Windows Audio is as good and clear as ever.

Games tested so far are: SWEAW (EAX4), Q4, BF2 (x-Fi mode, Ultra quality).

All sound great.

I am about to go test BF2, have you found a "major" drop in FPS in Ultra mode vs High? I understand that 64 voices vs 120 whould take alot more power, but I thought that was the point of the X-Fi cards, and even more so with the cards that come with 64mb of onboard ram!

The Ultra sound settings do seem better, just walking out of a hanger and hearing all the wildlife, and as Capt said, distant noise could be better, but maybe that is Dices fault.

einstein_314
02-20-06, 06:06 PM
I am about to go test BF2, have you found a "major" drop in FPS in Ultra mode vs High? I understand that 64 voices vs 120 whould take alot more power, but I thought that was the point of the X-Fi cards, and even more so with the cards that come with 64mb of onboard ram!

The Ultra sound settings do seem better, just walking out of a hanger and hearing all the wildlife, and as Capt said, distant noise could be better, but maybe that is Dices fault.
Well, I haven't really noticed a performance difference between Ultra High and High. I haven't looked for one though. But it definately sounds better on ultra high. I love it. Especially with my Sennheiser HD555's. It's a beautiful thing.