PDA

View Full Version : BF2 Patch 1.21 - this is getting funny now.

Superfly
02-21-06, 04:59 AM
Did any of you guys play Joint Opps?? - that game started out with some annoying bugs and balance issues only to be so over patched that anything beyond the 1.3 patch was an unplayable mess. (its on V1.6 or something silly now).

Im willing to bet BF2 is just about to go down the same "overpatched" road!!

Still GRAW is up soon and Middle Earth II

Capt. Picard
02-21-06, 05:07 AM
Did any of you guys play Joint Opps?? - that game started out with some annoying bugs and balance issues only to be so over patched that anything beyond the 1.3 patch was an unplayable mess. (its on V1.6 or something silly now).

Im willing to bet BF2 is just about to go down the same "overpatched" road!!

What do mean by Joint Opps being unplayable? I'm still playin the first version.
What happens? At which patch should I stop?

Airbrushkid
02-21-06, 05:22 AM
I think GRAW is going to suck. I like that game when it first came out I even have a couple add ons. But now they messed that up. And BF2 I don't think it's going that way you think it is.

Capt. Picard
02-21-06, 05:31 AM
Why are republicans so stupid? :thumbdwn:

Rar, what do mean. Please explain.

Airbrushkid
02-21-06, 05:36 AM
That better.

Capt. Picard
02-21-06, 06:04 AM
That better.

I'm South African. I would still like an explaination. I know that both democrats and republicans have unwholistic views. All people I think are inherently stupid.

Why are they stupid, you ask. Because people are fighting to keep their seats. They are fighting to stay in a comfort zone. And they are fighting for money.

Superfly
02-21-06, 06:21 AM
stay on topic or go away - politics in this thread are about as welcome as a turd in a swimming pool.

Capt. Picard
02-21-06, 06:23 AM
stay on topic or go away - politics in this thread are about as welcome as a turd in a swimming pool.

Answer my original question. What patch for Joint Opps is the best?

jolle
02-21-06, 06:30 AM
I expect nothing else then GRAW blindly following Rainbow six into the consolevictim massgrave.. I would be suprised if it turned out as anything other then utter crap really..
It would be a pleasant suprise tho..

Bf2 1.2 is bugged to hell yeah..
Every other time I shoot the AT shot it doesnt REALLY fire, it leads me to belive it did since im guiding the shot and the smoke trail is there, but when it should hit it just goes thru everthing including the ground, then I unzoom and its still loaded, a process that costs alot of time that will often get me killed in a tight spot..
downed a ton of helis with AT shot yesterday, missed about as many chances due to this damned bug..

Also since I patched I often dont hear veichle fire, most often turretmounted machineguns... sortof annoying to be mauled by a FAV 10m behind you since you didnt hear it fire at you..

But since they already announced 1.21 to fix the bugs, and delayed Euro Force due to that aswell, patience is due I guess..
Second patch they have to patch tho.. hehe.. maybe EA is putting pressure on DICE to get things released as soon as possible..

EDIT
Just read that GRAW PC version is developed in a separate studio (swedish Grin), then the console version..
So maybe there is hope after all.

$n][pErMan
02-21-06, 12:36 PM
lol @ EA. I find it funny too.... they fixed some issues noobs were bitching about but now in forums the same c*cksucking noobs are saying the gun are too accurate!?!?!? jesus these f*cking kids suck ass at life and should go shoot themselfs in thier little nerdy heads. I told you in another thread... its gonna become a knife fight game cause everything will be so nerfed. Also... wtf is up with the claymores?!?!? I was 10ft away from one and got blasted last night.

Edge
02-21-06, 01:31 PM
Since my account is currently in "suspended animation" (when I try to log on with it, it just hangs at the account loading screen, even though I can view my stats on BF2s just fine), I'm pretty pissed at the current system they have for BF2. How is it they manage to mess up so many things at once? Here's what I've experienced in the new patch so far:

Red tag bug wasn't fixed
Repeating reload-zoom bug wasn't fixed
"Maximum squads reached" bug wasn't fixed
AA lock-on bug wasn't fixed (and is far more disasterous now that air vehicles are weaker)
Claymores became a popular spawncamping weapon now
My account is now inaccessable for no reason

And the sad thing is, they could've just stuck to fixing bugs, and it probably would've turned out BETTER than how it did. The visible UAV is nice and all that, but the basic game mechanics are still screwed over by the bugs, so until that's fixed they shouldn't be adding things to the game. It's sad, right when I was really looking forward to reaching First Sergeant, all this crap happens and now I can't even play the game. Gaze at my now unusable profile, it may never see the light of day again: http://bf2s.com/player/Solis/

jeffmd
02-21-06, 02:08 PM
I just picked up BF2 now that I have a video card that can handel it. ^^ Sucks i'll be jumping head first at the moment there is a spat of game breaking bugs that were rescently introduced (no stranger to me, an everquest and WoW vet).

Superfly
02-21-06, 02:11 PM
Oh man that sucks, TBH I hav'nt loaded the game since the 1.20 patch and have little intention of doing so.

My interest died long ago, now its just a comedy.

Superfly
02-21-06, 03:57 PM
I expect nothing else then GRAW blindly following Rainbow six into the consolevictim massgrave.. I would be suprised if it turned out as anything other then utter crap really..
It would be a pleasant suprise tho..

GRAW PC is just that, a PC game made exclusively for the PC on a different game engine. I agree that it could well turn out to be utter crap, lots of games do that sadly but if it is crap im afraid you cant blame it on a console.

Edge
02-22-06, 11:36 PM
I feel like making everyone angry at BF2 right about now (especially if you use aircraft)

http://media.putfile.com/zataraa

CaptNKILL
02-22-06, 11:42 PM
I feel like making everyone angry at BF2 right about now (especially if you use aircraft)

http://media.putfile.com/zataraa
wtf :rofl

Brimstone7
02-23-06, 09:56 AM
The thing that really grates my cheese is that the 1.2 patch was in "testing" for months. What the heck were those guys doing? Now we need a patch for the patch? BF2 has a great premise and can be an awesome gameplay experience, but I just wish that there competent developers behind the wheel. Hopefully ET: Quake Wars will swoop in and we can forgot about the Battlefield series completely.

Edge
02-23-06, 02:19 PM
Here, another great video of the "improved" AA: http://secretsofbattlefield.com/Insaneaa.wmv

Airbrushkid
02-23-06, 09:16 PM
Hey I said I love this game and have not had any problems. I must be lucky.

SLippe
03-21-06, 12:24 PM
@ Edge

Did you ever get your game to get past the animation stick? I had to open the ports in my router for the game to get past it, so you might try that, if you haven't already.

Edge
03-21-06, 01:17 PM
@ Edge

Did you ever get your game to get past the animation stick? I had to open the ports in my router for the game to get past it, so you might try that, if you haven't already.

Hmm, I'll give it a shot a bit later today. Although I think it's a bit unlikely considering I can access other accounts and create new accounts just fine. If my router/firewall was blocking something, it should affect logging onto the game all the time, not just with one account. But what ports does the game use? I guess it's worth a try.

de><ta
03-21-06, 02:25 PM
1.21 is actually fairly decent. :o

Started playing it last night and if it werent for those annoying twelve year old pimple sprouting gits that plague every online game, I would dare say I actually enjoyed it.

SLippe
03-21-06, 03:18 PM
Hmm, I'll give it a shot a bit later today. Although I think it's a bit unlikely considering I can access other accounts and create new accounts just fine. If my router/firewall was blocking something, it should affect logging onto the game all the time, not just with one account. But what ports does the game use? I guess it's worth a try.
================================================== ======================
CLIENT AND SERVER PORTS
================================================== ======================

Battlefield 2 Account Creation
NOTE: In order to create a Battlefield 2 multiplayer account, you must have the following ports open in your firewall.

Client Ports:

UDP 27900
UDP/TCP 29900
TCP 80
TCP 4711
TCP 29901
UDP 1500-4999
UDP/TCP 1024-1124
UDP 28910
UDP 16567
UDP 55123-55125

Hosting a Battlefield 2 Server
In order to host a Battlefield 2 server, you must have the following ports open in your firewall.

Server Ports:

UDP 27900
UDP/TCP 29900
TCP 80
TCP 4711
UDP 27901
UDP 1500-4999
UDP/TCP 1024-1124
UDP 29900
UDP/TCP 27900
UDP 16567
UDP 55123-55125
I did a From/To from 80 to 55125 selecting Both for TCP/UDP and only for BF2.exe.

General Lee
03-25-06, 05:43 PM
Howdy y'all, I didn't know anyone else here played Joint Ops. It surely isn't as popular as the Battlefield series, HL & mods, or many other games, but I sure enjoy it. There are still plenty of issues with the game, but I love it. If you're ever playing, I'm usually on the Monsoon servers or Paradise Green servers. My handle is 1st Sgt. Lee, and I'm ranked about 650 overall. Not the best for sure, but I ain't too shabby, lol. The good thing about Joint Ops is the lack of cheaters...if there are any (I'm sure there are), there ain't that many. Look me up sometime, aight?

Demanufakture
03-25-06, 10:56 PM
I like the new patch. Game feels pretty solid now. Air power is still a dangerous thing to deal with, but that's how air power is supposed to be. Death from above you know. BF2 rules, and I can't wait for BF2142. Also, there will be a 1.3 patch someday developed by the Canada division of Dice including the armoured fury booster pack which sounds to be better than the euro force booster pack because of the whole fighting on USA soil thing.(Can't wait) I still like the euro force booster pack too though, massive tank battles reminds me of the big desert maps in BF1942. While the Canadian Dice works on those projects the Swedish division of Dice is working on BF2142. Dice has been one busy company and I hope they keep up the good support and work.

PS: I used to play Joint Operations Typhoon Rising and Escalation. Actually I beta tested both the original game and the expansion. However, less and less people play it almost every day and I must say, BF2 is a little more fun than JO. Not that JO isn't a good game, but BF2 at least to me is a little better. I am waiting for the next Novalogic game, hopefully a sequel to JO, but Novalogic has been extremely quiet lately. They have to be developing something, but they sure are keeping a lid on it.