PDA

View Full Version : 360 availibility

Pages : [1] 2

Zelda_fan
02-21-06, 01:13 PM
I have been trying for over a month now to get an XBOX 360 at retail stores like Best Buy and Circuit City. I really really hate microsoft for the avilibility problems they caused with the 360. This is worst than the DS over Christmas when it first came out.

I'm even considering buying it off ebay which is affordable for me, but I just hate the fact of paying $100 more than the MSRP for an item. It goes against my principals.

where can I get one of these things....

kaltek
02-21-06, 01:19 PM
Shouldn't wait for too long: http://selectivegamers.com/content/view/224/148/

I hope it's true.

brady
02-21-06, 01:40 PM
I have been trying for over a month now to get an XBOX 360 at retail stores like Best Buy and Circuit City. I really really hate microsoft for the avilibility problems they caused with the 360. This is worst than the DS over Christmas when it first came out.

I'm even considering buying it off ebay which is affordable for me, but I just hate the fact of paying $100 more than the MSRP for an item. It goes against my principals.

where can I get one of these things....

I had no idea people were having that hard of a time...have you checked with Costco of Sams?

Zelda_fan
02-21-06, 01:41 PM
Shouldn't wait for too long: http://selectivegamers.com/content/view/224/148/

I hope it's true.

nice. As long as they get their stuff together by the time oblivion releases I will be happy

evilchris
02-21-06, 01:47 PM
I see them all the time, in huge quantities of 1 or 2! Nevertheless, they're out there. They are usually buried in a locked cabinet.

Zelda_fan
02-21-06, 01:51 PM
I see them all the time, in huge quantities of 1 or 2! Nevertheless, they're out there. They are usually buried in a locked cabinet.

honestly, I'm pretty sure this COMPUsa in manhattan has them. I called and their inventory tracker says they have 3 of them. I called the store though and they were like "uh no we don't have any" but I have a feeling it's becasue I got ahold of some twit sales girl who dosen't know anything.

LurkerLito
02-21-06, 03:01 PM
Yeah they are still hard to get. Unless you have the time to go to a best buy or walmart everyday for like 2 weeks I don't see how you can score one. I have been going about once a week for the past 3 weeks and haven't yet found one. But then again I am always asking for the 360 premium cause I don't want to pay for the 'tard version of the console which will cost you more once you get the wireless controller and HD.

Morrow
02-21-06, 03:28 PM
This is too funny, here in Europe I know at least 3 shops in my neighborhood which have 15-20 xbox360s lying around for weeks and nobody wants to buy them :)

brady
02-21-06, 03:47 PM
This is too funny, here in Europe I know at least 3 shops in my neighborhood which have 15-20 xbox360s lying around for weeks and nobody wants to buy them :)

Well, well why don't you just gather them all up and throw em in the ocean.

monkeydust
02-21-06, 03:47 PM
I have a list of about 5 stores that I call every couple of days to see if they have any in. Haven't been able to get one yet.

Then I think to myself that there really isn't a whole lot of decent games out on the 360 right now so no big deal.

Morrow
02-21-06, 04:05 PM
Then I think to myself that there really isn't a whole lot of decent games out on the 360 right now so no big deal.

Yes, and I also believe that this is the reason why the xbox360 currently doesn't sell in Europe (or at least in my country). Microsoft's hypemachine is not working over here and people only buy consoles if there are decent games available for it.

Mudcrutch
02-21-06, 04:05 PM
just in Best Buy in Reynoldsburg OH. they had 6 premium and 4 core just sitting on the shelves.

toxikneedle
02-21-06, 04:51 PM
zelda, you're in the city? I went to a whole bunch of different stores in the city (where I go to school) couldn't find one and some told me I was better off trying eBay, since it's extremely hard finding one in Manhattan.... Whcih I did, I got it off eBay and I did pay 100 more than MSRP, like you said.

I dunno about how believable Peter Moore's statement is, I do believe that the problem was the problems with production of the memory chips at those high frequencies... but I dunno how believable is the fact that the stock will be back to normal in 4 weeks.... Then again, it's been what? 3 months now since the launch.... this is getting ridiculous.

evilchris
02-21-06, 05:06 PM
I have a list of about 5 stores that I call every couple of days to see if they have any in. Haven't been able to get one yet.

I have loved every game in my sig link. near 50% of launch titles.

evilchris
02-21-06, 05:07 PM
Yes, and I also believe that this is the reason why the xbox360 currently doesn't sell in Europe (or at least in my country). Microsoft's hypemachine is not working over here and people only buy consoles if there are decent games available for it.

I guess that theory is flawed since there are decent games available for it.

Zelda_fan
02-21-06, 05:09 PM
zelda, you're in the city? I went to a whole bunch of different stores in the city (where I go to school) couldn't find one and some told me I was better off trying eBay, since it's extremely hard finding one in Manhattan.... Whcih I did, I got it off eBay and I did pay 100 more than MSRP, like you said.

I dunno about how believable Peter Moore's statement is, I do believe that the problem was the problems with production of the memory chips at those high frequencies... but I dunno how believable is the fact that the stock will be back to normal in 4 weeks.... Then again, it's been what? 3 months now since the launch.... this is getting ridiculous.

yep manhattan. I called CompUSA today and they said their 5th AVE store was showing 3 in inventory, but I called the actual store and they said they didn't have any. I also tried circuit city, and they looked in their inventory and said there was one unit in brooklyn, but I was like "screw it" I'm not going to take a hour and a half trip out to brooklyn for the possibility of getting a 360.

Hopefully MS will be good on their promise, and in 3 or 4 weeks I'll be able to walk into a retail store and grav one. I have no reason of getting a 360 until Oblivion hits shelves, so I have some time. If not, I may wind up doing it the ebay way.

gravioli
02-21-06, 06:54 PM
I found my premium 360 by checking my local Walmart (the only major chain store in my town) 2-3 mornings per week for 2 weeks. Since I found mine, I have seen them on the shelves at the same Walmart twice. Check your local Walmart or Target in the morning over a two week period, and I can almost guarantee you will find one.

Zelda_fan
02-21-06, 07:28 PM
I found my premium 360 by checking my local Walmart (the only major chain store in my town) 2-3 mornings per week for 2 weeks. Since I found mine, I have seen them on the shelves at the same Walmart twice. Check your local Walmart or Target in the morning over a two week period, and I can almost guarantee you will find one.

unfourtantly Manhattan does not have a local Wal-Mart or Target. Kind of odd that America's largest city dosen't have a Wal-Mart, but go figure.

toxikneedle
02-21-06, 08:21 PM
Well if there's no titles you have interest in that are out right now, you probably shouldn't hurry.... and obviously dont even look at ebay. By the time oblivion will be out, the stock will surely be better...

As far as the thing about Brooklyn, one of my buddies that works at like the only Best Buy in brooklyn told me that they got a couple at launch (he wasnt sure but not too many) and that was it. MS is only sending 360s to all these Bum****, USA places (sorry if that offends anyone).... either that or all the NYC stores sell out before they get it.

Zelda_fan
02-21-06, 08:56 PM
As far as the thing about Brooklyn, one of my buddies that works at like the only Best Buy in brooklyn told me that they got a couple at launch (he wasnt sure but not too many) and that was it. MS is only sending 360s to all these Bum****, USA places (sorry if that offends anyone).... either that or all the NYC stores sell out before they get it.

Yeah, Microsoft's business model is really looking dumb these days. They have a feeding frenzy on their hands in NYC and they send 20 systems over to the flintrock michigan walmart or some crap town like that?

The only reason I want one now is becasue I want to play Oblivion on the 360 the day the game comes out.

ENU291
02-22-06, 09:02 AM
Careful guys... you might offend someone with those types of comments. As per the 360 shortage I agree that they are hard to find now but most likely the major cities like New York recieved the bulk of the 360 shipments. The problem is that they are in very high demand. Most specialty shops like EB and Gamespot are still trying to fill pre-orders. I actually know someone in upper management at a New York based BestBuy. If he gives me any shipment info on the 360 I will post it here.

Sazar
02-22-06, 09:08 AM
Dell had a few bundles earlier in the week last week but demand is pretty ridiculous and dell is not really a big console seller. Nothing showing in stock.

Son Goku
02-22-06, 09:54 AM
yep manhattan. I called CompUSA today and they said their 5th AVE store was showing 3 in inventory, but I called the actual store and they said they didn't have any. I also tried circuit city, and they looked in their inventory and said there was one unit in brooklyn, but I was like "screw it" I'm not going to take a hour and a half trip out to brooklyn for the possibility of getting a 360.

One piece of advise... After seeing em $800 and $900 bids for the Xbox 360 on Ebay, buy it now feature... If you really want to go that route, don't let someone out bid you :eek:

I thought I saw some locally here, at the EB in Albuquerque, though I wasn't currently in the market...

Lil Sassy
02-22-06, 11:10 AM
The hell with ebay. They'll come into stock soon enough.

saturnotaku
02-22-06, 11:29 AM
A local EB I stopped at last night had a couple core systems available. Those seem to be plentiful, it's the premiums that no one seems to have.