PDA

View Full Version : saitek eclipse keyboard

antecs2
02-21-06, 02:05 PM
hello how has the saitek keyboard held up for you, thinking about getting one. is there a problem with paint coming off keys?thanks antecs2

zoomy942
02-21-06, 02:17 PM
mine has worked like a champ. no problems with that. once thing though, there are 2 games i have come across where there is a driver issue with this keyboard. its the only time in my life i have seen a keyboard cause problems. in game, it acts like the DOWN key is pressed all the time. nutty stuff. it was thief 3 and one other game i cant remember

Strahd
02-21-06, 02:40 PM
I use that keyboard also and it roxors! I would highly recommend it

Mudcrutch
02-21-06, 03:17 PM
you may want to read this thread:

http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=62231

superklye
02-21-06, 04:20 PM
I have the PC Gamer's keyboard, which is the Eclipse without the backlight shining through the letters on the buttons, with an additional gamepad. The gamepad is pretty much useless and having a backlight that doesn't illuminate the letters seems somewhat pointless to me.

The Eclipse is where it's at. I need to get one.

zoomy942
02-21-06, 04:35 PM
The Eclipse is where it's at. I need to get one.

hmm, interesting young grasshopper... veeeery interesting

tieros
02-21-06, 05:06 PM
There's only two things I don't like about my Eclipse:

The backlighting defaults to on instead of off. I have my mouse and keyboard connected to a USB switch, and when I switch them to control a different computer, the backlighting always turns on.

The back foot "extensions" are not tall enough to raise the keyboard to the right angle. The rubber pads in the front don't seem to have been taken into account when determining how big the extensions needed to be. Also, the back extensions aren't rubber padded, so the keyboard is noisier when they are used. Sticking a couple of pieces of neoprene from an old mousepad under the back feet does the trick, but I shouldn't have to "mod" an expensive keyboard to make it comfortable.

The keys have a very good feel, and the backlighting is almost perfect(backspace and a couple of other keys are only partially lit).

I haven't noticed any issue with the paint on the keys, but I have seen mention of it elsewhere, so I've been trying to figure out what I'm going to do if they do start to peel. If replacement keys cost too much, I guess it's experiment time :)

j0j081
02-21-06, 09:16 PM
i think a backlight would annoy me. my monitor lights up my keyboard enough.

Riptide
02-21-06, 09:21 PM
This keyboard is a gimmick. The backlight to it doesn't light the keys up enough to even see the letters in the dark. The paint wears off. It's cheap. I should've just stuck with the gamer instead.

Rytr
02-21-06, 09:25 PM
I have the Gamer's keyboard and the Eclipse. I like the feel of the keystrokes. The backlighting is OK but as stated the lighted keys of the Eclipse are difficult to see clearly because of the low angle.