PDA

View Full Version : Some new Oblivion Interviews...

Pages : [1] 2 3 4

CaptNKILL
02-21-06, 06:20 PM
Not a lot of new info, but they are good.

One is audio:
http://www.gamingsteve.com/podcasts/Gaming-Steve-2006-02-20.mp3

One isnt:
http://www.hardgamers.com/dossiers.asp?no=257

Good stuff :)

Tygerwoody
02-21-06, 06:31 PM
sweet Here is a quote from the article.

HG: There’s a lot of controversy about the soft shadows everywhere on the Oblivion fan boards. Can the PC gamers expect a possibility to enable soft shadow as an option? What is the final point on this matter?

PH: Simply put, we changed the way we do shadows so that the game was actually playable, regardless of platform. The game looks the way it looks in all the screens we've released over the last year or more. It looks the way everyone has seen it who has played the game at any of our press events. It's more a reaction to what might have been than it is a reaction to what actually was.

HG: Is it also true that you have lowered the graphics so much, that you can actually plug your keyboard and mouse into a box of matches and the game will still run flawlessly?

PH: Yes that is true. You see, we are in it for the big bucks. If we can sell this game to everyone that owns a box of matches we will be MILLEEEIIIOONNaires. This is now a fact. We actually not only took out shadows from the game, but the graphics entirely. Now you, the customer, can create YOUR OWN oblivion characters using the matches supplied in your match box!!! Think pet rock, only better

CaptNKILL
02-21-06, 06:35 PM
Funny ;)

Knot3D
02-21-06, 06:40 PM
I saw the original interview a few days ago, yes.

'same as at press events' .... sounds a bit vague imo. As if he's saying ; gimme the benefit of the doubt !. lol

CaptNKILL
02-21-06, 06:57 PM
Im listening to that (long ass) audio interview and they have some excellent questions and excellent answers, mostly about the Radiant AI and how NPCs do things in the world. They also mention that there are 5 different kinds of horses that can be purchased in different towns. Some stronger, some faster... some can run and jump all over without killing themselves, others get hurt more easily if you try to jump off a cliff or something. And an official add on soon after the game is released will add purchasable horse armor (they told us about this a few weeks ago though).

Everyone should deffinitely listen to it.

Tygerwoody
02-21-06, 07:25 PM
question.

Does this game have mouse support or did that remove that too? That would kinda suck if I have to move around with only my keyboard like in Doom 1. If they leave mouse support in the game, that will leave out the people with old typewriters and x86's out of being able to play the game, so i guess i will understand if they don't.

CaptNKILL
02-21-06, 07:31 PM
question.

Does this game have mouse support or did that remove that too? That would kinda suck if I have to move around with only my keyboard like in Doom 1. If they leave mouse support in the game, that will leave out the people with old typewriters and x86's out of being able to play the game, so i guess i will understand if they don't.
It only supports the Atari Paddle controllers... but I fully support them on that because it doesnt matter how many buttons you have, as long as you have one really good red clicky one and a nice analog controller for looking around.

The only place they said the game would have controller\mouse\keyboard support was the E3 video (and a bunch of screenshots and stuff). Anything else was just hype generated by n00bs like j00 :D

:p

EDIT: Finally finished the audio interview, and its great :)
The interviewer (Gaming Steve) got to play the actual game and do whatever he wanted in the world... hes going to have a full preview of it (X360 and PC versions) next week. One thing he did say was that the game is absolutely fantastic and that the graphics are beautiful. Cant wait for the preview :bounce:

Also, for what its worth, the game is still on track and they are totaly confident that it will meet their set date. They said it should just be a few more weeks before they make the date public. w00t, been waiting 4 years for this one... well, 9 if you count the first time I played Daggerfall... its comin! :jumping:

Tygerwoody
02-21-06, 07:48 PM
Hmm... what about sound? Sound does drastically reduce the frames per second on old Microwave ovens. I am hearing a rumor that all sound support was removed from the game as well. Instead they are going to have captions for everything

(you hear footsteps)
(you hear swords being drawn)
(look to your right!!! you hear them to your right!)
(NOO!!! your other right!!! You hear swords being drawn the other way)
(you hear your throat being slit)
(you hear your body fall)

CaptNKILL
02-21-06, 07:58 PM
Hmm... what about sound? Sound does drastically reduce the frames per second on old Microwave ovens. I am hearing a rumor that all sound support was removed from the game as well. Instead they are going to have captions for everything

(you hear footsteps)
(you hear swords being drawn)
(look to your right!!! you hear them to your right!)
(NOO!!! your other right!!! You hear swords being drawn the other way)
(you hear your throat being slit)
(you hear your body fall)
Na, that was just a rumor.

Tygerwoody
02-21-06, 08:08 PM
Na, that was just a rumor.
good. I wonder what footsteps sound like on a typewriter... :D

Lil Sassy
02-21-06, 10:24 PM
Im listening to that (long ass) audio interview and they have some excellent questions and excellent answers, mostly about the Radiant AI and how NPCs do things in the world.

Everyone should deffinitely listen to it.Pete sounds tired as hell though. I think he's answered too many questions for his own good.

CaptNKILL
02-21-06, 10:54 PM
Pete sounds tired as hell though. I think he's answered too many questions for his own good.
Yeah, I talked to him a bit back when the elder scrolls forums were very small... I think it was 2000-2001. He was doing it then and hes still doing it now. Hes always been a great PR guy that doesnt flood you with BS to make the game sound good. He gives straight answers (unless its a "no comment" ;)).

I dont blame him for being tired though... this thing was at least an hour long, and he has to be doing this crap all day, every day. But I know itl be worth it. :)

Heh, Ive always wanted to work for Bethesda some day... I wish I could get my foot in the door somehow. Ive got some talents as far as game developement, just not enough experience thatd be worth it to a bigtime designer like them.

Lil Sassy
02-21-06, 11:40 PM
Hmm... what about sound? Sound does drastically reduce the frames per second on old Microwave ovens. I am hearing a rumor that all sound support was removed from the game as well. Instead they are going to have captions for everything Dope smoke+posting=worthless reading.

Actually, why don't you start a thread over at the Elder Scrolls forums and see how long your thread lasts. They see crap like that from 12 year olds all day long, and are quick to extinguish it.
Sadly, even the most infantile posts over there are often more mature.

Rytr
02-21-06, 11:49 PM
good. I wonder what footsteps sound like on a typewriter... :D

Click, click, clickedy-click...etc.

CaptNKILL
02-22-06, 12:01 AM
Man, I cant wait to see what it looks and sounds like riding a horse in this game...

Also, this is one thing I actually dont know about yet. Does the game have EAX effects support? After hearing EAX in BF2, I reaaallly want Oblivion to have it. Imagine hearing the screams of a troll echoeing through the halls of a dungeon...

:D

anticitizenzero
02-22-06, 12:34 AM
Why the F**K can't these interviewers just flat out ask the question burning in all our minds. What looks better, XBOX360 version or PC. :thumbdwn:

CaptNKILL
02-22-06, 12:47 AM
Why the F**K can't these interviewers just flat out ask the question burning in all our minds. What looks better, XBOX360 version or PC. :thumbdwn:
They have... and the answer is always "they will both look the same if you have a very high end PC". The games are going to be identical, unless they have been lying all this time.

Lil Sassy
02-22-06, 01:02 AM
Why the F**K can't these interviewers just flat out ask the question burning in all our minds. What looks better, XBOX360 version or PC. :thumbdwn:Because it's been answered about 50,000 times already. Why keep asking redundant questions month after month?

CaptNKILL
02-22-06, 01:31 AM
Someone had a thread to prepare for an interview at TES forums:
http://www.elderscrolls.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=242399

I guess its been sent to whoever is going to do the interview, so hopefully those questions are all answered. There are a lot of good ones :)

EDIT:
I just found this too:
http://boards.ign.com/Message.aspx?topic=97532872&replies=2
Its from august, but its a compilation of dev info from interviews and articles. Theres a lot of stuff there that I've either forgotten or never even seen before. Good stuff :D

... keep in mind, its old, some of the info could be out dated.

Zelda_fan
02-22-06, 02:35 AM

the devs have said that the XBOX 360 version will look exactly like the PC version with all visuals at max settings. HOWEVER, a guy who reviewd the game for a magazine made a post at the forum and he said that he reviewed the PC version, but saw the XBOX360 version playing in the other room, and he said the 360 version looked stunning compared to the PC version. But he did say that he was dealing with a beta build of the PC version and the final will look better.

Lil Sassy
02-22-06, 04:10 AM
HOWEVER, a guy who reviewd the game for a magazine made a post at the forum and he said that he reviewed the PC version, but saw the XBOX360 version playing in the other room, and he said the 360 version looked stunning compared to the PC version.Also stated was that the 360 version was running quite smoothly and solidly at the time, for what it's worth.

Tygerwoody
02-22-06, 07:28 AM
LMAO you guys need to chill out. Everyones getting so mad over their dumb little game that doesn't even have shadows :rolleyes:

It was only a joke guys. :rofl

Nv40
02-22-06, 08:09 AM
a new interview with the most famous question.. :)

http://rpg.boomtown.net/en_uk/articles/art.view.php?id=10641

I dont know why i have a feelin that the graphics will be not so identical as they claim. it looks like the screenshots there are very old (2004) . Notice the interiors and exteriors ..in that interview very nice eh?

it looks Night and day of diference to the interiors/exterior released few days ago.perhaps the diferences have something to do with their artist(s) ,that some levels were rushed out more than others.

nekrosoft13
02-22-06, 08:38 AM
Man, I cant wait to see what it looks and sounds like riding a horse in this game...

Also, this is one thing I actually dont know about yet. Does the game have EAX effects support? After hearing EAX in BF2, I reaaallly want Oblivion to have it. Imagine hearing the screams of a troll echoeing through the halls of a dungeon...

:D

no, they removed EAX too, because it lowers FPS.

Tygerwoody
02-22-06, 08:41 AM
no, they removed EAX too, because it lowers FPS.
:lol:

sweet. Someone is on my team. :D