PDA

View Full Version : Where are the AC Accelero X1's & X2's ?

PaiN
02-21-06, 06:23 PM
I need a GPU cooler that can handle this 1900XT ....when OC'd it totally overwhelms the ZM-GWB2 block that comes with the Reserator1 Plus liquid kit. Its also to much for the VF-700LED I have.
I want the AcceleroX2 (http://www.driverheaven.net/reviews/accel/), but can't find them for sale anywhere...
Anyone seen them or know where to buy one? thanks

Q
02-22-06, 10:35 AM
Too much for the VF-700?!? Holy crap, that thing must be rolling. Then again, since you are watercooling, you probably don't have the best airflow in your case. I would think that the Artic Silencer would be best in your situation, since it exhausts the heat intead of suffocating the card with it. The Accelero line doesn't exhaust the heat, so you might have results similiar to the Zalman give or take a few degrees.

Advice: Get better case cooling or something that spits the hot air out.

I'm speaking from personal experience. I had the VF-700 for my 6800 Ultra, and it was actually HOTTER than my stock cooler. Why? Poor airflow, which the stock cooler did a bit better with, although I was still hitting 92C in Fear. The silencer brought my load down by 20C.

But it all depends on your needs. Sorry I don't know where to find any Accelerox2s! I'm not even sure if they are shipping yet, even though I know there are quite a few reviews floating around.

Riptide
02-22-06, 11:41 AM
It's only to much if you push the card hard. It works OK with mild overclocks (say 690/800) but beyond that yeah it's insufficient. The X1800/1900 run hot.

The same case airflow and cooler were very good with my X850. But that card ran a lot cooler than these new ones...

I had a bad experience with the arctic cooler so I won't be getting another one of those.

Q
02-22-06, 02:06 PM
It's only to much if you push the card hard. It works OK with mild overclocks (say 690/800) but beyond that yeah it's insufficient. The X1800/1900 run hot.

The same case airflow and cooler were very good with my X850. But that card ran a lot cooler than these new ones...

I had a bad experience with the arctic cooler so I won't be getting another one of those.

I'm sure you've posted your Arctic Cooler issue before, but would you mind refreshing my memory. I have one in the mail and would like to know what to expect! :p

Riptide
02-22-06, 02:19 PM
Sure. To be fair I only tried one. But the one that came was defective.

When it was installed on an X850 the system would not POST. No video. Sometimes it would come up but it was extremely garbled. THERE WAS NOTHING WRONG WITH THE INSTALLATION. Sorry had to get that out of the way. ;)

Put the stock cooler back on and it was fine. Replaced that w/VF700 and it was fine. The cooler they sent me was junk.

Once bitten... I don't bother again. I don't have time to play games with exchanges any more.

SLippe
02-23-06, 11:38 PM
They must not be available yet, because even on Arctic Cooling's website, nothing comes up when searching for Where To Buy.

PaiN
02-24-06, 10:01 AM
too update, I called one of the US distro's from AC's website.....they said, specificly that newegg should have them in 2 to 2 1/2 weeks
Then again, since you are watercooling, you probably don't have the best airflow in your case
I have excellent airflow....
http://home.comcast.net/~moso/images/PC5.JPG

The load temps of this thing running stock cooling\stock speeds is 88C, I've managed to "fix" the liquid block and RAM cooling since I posted this and have been running at 670core with load temps of 74C ...so I might not need an X2 after all...

Riptide
02-24-06, 10:04 AM
Wow with the Zalman "fatal1ty" I was doing 78c @ load with 690 core. And if I hadn't got a defective unit I'm sure it would've been nearly silent.

Maybe you should just put one of those on there? ;)

Q
02-24-06, 10:30 AM
Pain, I see that it looks like you have good airflow. That's kinda like how I had mine setup.

My question is...How many intakes are there? Is that side fan acting as an intake or just circulation? How about the one mounted on the 5 inch rails?

The reason I ask is because if your only true intake is the front case port, you might have good air flow, but its going to be hot air flow. I was doing nearly the same thing, but since the front intake gets stopped so much from the hard drives and other obstacles, my temps were horrible.

If you have more than one intake, my point is null. However, it looks a lot like the misconception I had about my case cooling. (On a side note, I'm having three 120MM holes put in the side of my case today to improve airflow :D That's why I'm being so damn critical.)

PaiN
02-24-06, 04:49 PM
Pain, I see that it looks like you have good airflow. That's kinda like how I had mine setup.

My question is...How many intakes are there? Is that side fan acting as an intake or just circulation? How about the one mounted on the 5 inch rails?

The reason I ask is because if your only true intake is the front case port, you might have good air flow, but its going to be hot air flow. I was doing nearly the same thing, but since the front intake gets stopped so much from the hard drives and other obstacles, my temps were horrible.

If you have more than one intake, my point is null. However, it looks a lot like the misconception I had about my case cooling. (On a side note, I'm having three 120MM holes put in the side of my case today to improve airflow :D That's why I'm being so damn critical.)
They are all "true" intakes....the side panel has venting in line with the fan and the front 5 1/4 bays covers are "sceened" and "filtered"(very cool case feature) for air intake