PDA

View Full Version : Logitech RMA pwns me!!!

j0j081
02-21-06, 09:35 PM
about a month after getting my G7 for Christmas I started noticing the top sensativity button was coming loose, rattling a bit when pressing but moreso when moving the scroll wheel so I decided to try RMA'n it because I purchased from zipzoomfly, if bought in a retail store I probably would have taken there first. So I call up and the support person tells me if it was purchased within two weeks I could fax them a copy of the receipt and they would immediately ship me a replacement free of charge. Well it was over two weeks so obviously that wouldn't work. The other option was to send my mouse in, have them inspect it and ship a new one out if needed. This would to take at least a month she told me and I game all the time so I said screw it for the time being and told her I'd figure something else out. I didn't want to go back to my old crappy mouse just because of a rattly button. I figured I'd wait a while and see if I got used to it and then perhaps do a full RMA down the road. Now yesterday without any notification via email/phone/whatever a brand new G7 shows up at my front door. Also, there is no indication that I have to send the other one back so I don't know, did I get lucky or what? Logitech RMA is great IMO if you have something that needs fixing don't hesitate to get it done. :) Just thought I'd share this happy hardware experience lolo.

Roadhog
02-21-06, 09:42 PM
can i have your old one?

ehehe.. thats awesome though.

Mudcrutch
02-21-06, 09:42 PM
nice.

i had a similar experience with my intellimouse from microsoft. they sent me a new one without me having to send my old one in.

j0j081
02-21-06, 09:52 PM
can i have your old one?

ehehe.. thats awesome though.
actually i was thinking about selling the old one for really really cheap. only problem is i don't have seller experience or whatever besides one item i traded someone for here. if anyone really wants it maybe we can figure something out. it works fine minus the slightly rattly button which might not annoy everyone. i am kinda ocd with my computer stuff. :p

Roadhog
02-21-06, 09:55 PM
actually i was thinking about selling the old one for really really cheap. only problem is i don't have seller experience or whatever besides one item i traded someone for here. if anyone really wants it maybe we can figure something out. it works fine minus the slightly rattly button which might not annoy everyone. i am kinda ocd with my computer stuff. :p

I'll pay shipping... and maybe some more..

FastM
02-23-06, 10:48 AM
Same happened to me with my old Formula Force wheel/pedals kit.

Called and complained about the brake pedal not working right and they sent me a whole new package for free no questions asked. I later opened up the pedal part, fixed a loose wire and then had 2 perfectly working sets.

Riptide
02-23-06, 10:50 AM
The right thing to do is send the broken one back. Or at the least call them and ask them if they want you to do that.

j0j081
02-24-06, 12:34 AM
The right thing to do is send the broken one back. Or at the least call them and ask them if they want you to do that.
yeah i guess that might be a good idea in case i ever need to rma something else. if they don't want it i'm gonna try selling it for really cheap.

nekrosoft13
02-24-06, 06:35 AM
yeah i guess that might be a good idea in case i ever need to rma something else. if they don't want it i'm gonna try selling it for really cheap.

other wise you gonna have a bad track record with them, and they won't be as nice next time