PDA

View Full Version : Quake 4 Beta Patch 1.1 Released.

Pages : [1] 2

Burpy
02-22-06, 01:50 PM
http://img459.imageshack.us/img459/6204/q44kz.jpg

[ Quake 4 Beta Patch 1.1 @ FileFront (http://files.filefront.com/QUAKE+4+v11+Beta+Patch/;4793643;;/fileinfo.html) ]
[ Quake 4 Beta Patch 1.1 @ FileShack (http://www.fileshack.com/file.x?fid=8431) ]
[ Quake 4 Beta Patch 1.1 @ Levitation (http://levi.teamspeak.org/dl/?action=download&fileid=2176) ]
[ Quake 4 Beta Patch 1.1 @ idsoftware (ftp://ftp.idsoftware.com/idstuff/quake4/win32/Quake4_1_1_Patch_Beta.exe) ]
[ Quake 4 Beta Patch 1.1 @ GamersHell (http://www.gamershell.com/download_12676.shtml) ]
[ Quake 4 Beta Patch 1.1 @ Planet Quake 4 (http://planetquake4.net/download.php?op=fileid&lid=2274) ]
[ Quake 4 Beta Patch 1.1 @ Owned Hosting (http://www.0wned-hosting.co.uk/downloads/Quake4_1_1_Patch_Beta.exe) ]

Patch is 59MB. Mirrors will be added when available.

This is the BETA of our large QUAKE 4 update. It fixes issues and adds gameplay elements throughout both single and multiplayer—including voice chat in multiplayer, a forecemodel option, a one-minute warning for tournament matches, Hyper-Threading Technology support, and much, much more. For a complete list of new features, fixes, and changes, please see the ReadMe file. This update will bring any previous version of the game completely up to date, however it will affect pure server and protocol consistency. Therefore, players who update to 1.1 BETA will only be able to play multiplayer against other 1.1 BETA users, and save games created on previous versions of the game will not be compatible with the 1.1 BETA update. Please use the form at http://www.idsoftware.com/bugs/ to report any issues you find with the 1.1 BETA update.

Once we are satisfied the 1.1 BETA is completely solid, we will release the FINAL 1.1 update. This will be a required update and will be available through the “Update” option in the game. With that release, we’ll also be including 4 all-new multiplayer maps in addition to the QUAKEMAS map pack (3 maps) that was released in December.

Please take a bit of time to look over the entire (ReadMe) (http://www.idsoftware.com/documents/readme_update_11beta.htm), but many highlights include Pure Server / Autodownload fixes (AddonPaks), forcemodels, built-in voicecomm chat, smooth stair strafe jumping, new scripting options to allow for multi-commands per bind, mouse acceleration, zoom sensitivities, fovs above 110, private clients for servers, many new voting options and working voting flags, teammate name/health popups, removed cheat protections from bob-like commands, new hit sound for below 25 health, increased volume of RG and LG hum, simpleitems... ..just read it.

More coming in the final pointrelease, we just need to test all of these and get some feedback.

OWA
02-22-06, 02:16 PM
Thanks for the update. Sounds good except for the save-game not being compatible part.

911medic
02-22-06, 02:23 PM
Hmmm... A few niceties for me: Fixes & Updates in 1.1:

* Pentium(r) M processors will now be properly detected.
* Video option changes can be applied immediately instead of restarting the game.
* Widescreen option will no longer affect the menus adversely.The savegames thing does suck tho.

OWA
02-22-06, 11:10 PM
Can someone using an AMD X2 CPU confirm whether or not it says "Yes" or "No" for you under the Advanced Settings->Mutliple CPUs/Dual Cores option? Mine says NO so I'm wondering if it's my issue or something else.

Edit: BTW, it seemed to allow me to load several of my save points just fine.

j0j081
02-22-06, 11:38 PM
This looks sweet. I bought Quake 4 a while ago when it was on sale for $25 and haven't gotten around to playing it much yet. I might wait for this to go final and then bust it out hardcore.

Kaguya
02-23-06, 08:45 PM
Can someone using an AMD X2 CPU confirm whether or not it says "Yes" or "No" for you under the Advanced Settings->Mutliple CPUs/Dual Cores option? Mine says NO so I'm wondering if it's my issue or something else.

I have an X2, mine said No, but if you click on it you can change it to Yes. It asks you to restart Quake, and now it says Yes.

OWA
02-23-06, 10:55 PM
Hmm, it wouldn't let me enable it. Did you have to use any of the console commands for dual-core or did you happen to add them to your autoexec or config file?

Superfly
02-24-06, 02:52 AM
anybody else find the audio seemed a bit biased towards the left hand channels now????

ie: squad mates voice's seemed to be mainly out the left hand side even if they were standing to my right!!!

all other sounds/music/weapon fire seemed OK?

Im gonna play around with it tonight - might be that it does'nt like the x-Fi headphone mode any more??

nekrosoft13
02-24-06, 06:22 AM

i'm about 70% done with the game, i don't wanna loose my progress. can you confirm that the save games work? and if they do, which ones? like the save games that you make at random spots or autosave locations

Kaguya
02-24-06, 08:23 AM
Hmm, it wouldn't let me enable it. Did you have to use any of the console commands for dual-core or did you happen to add them to your autoexec or config file?

I'll have to check my autoexec, but the only thing *I* put in it was a r_displayrefresh command, so I doubt it did anything in there.

I simply loaded up the patch, went to additional system settings, and clicked on the No to change it to Yes.

I was patching from 1.05 (Beta) not 1.04, though - whether that makes a difference or not I'm not sure?

OWA
02-24-06, 09:41 AM
i'm about 70% done with the game, i don't wanna loose my progress. can you confirm that the save games work? and if they do, which ones? like the save games that you make at random spots or autosave locations
Yeah, definitely let me double/triple check that :) before you try it. I believe I only tried loading my quick-saves and not the autosaves. I'm in the same boat. Probably around 70% or so done but I was just going to start over again when tertsi releases his mod anyway, so I went ahead and tried it.

I'll have to check my autoexec, but the only thing *I* put in it was a r_displayrefresh command, so I doubt it did anything in there.

I simply loaded up the patch, went to additional system settings, and clicked on the No to change it to Yes.

I was patching from 1.05 (Beta) not 1.04, though - whether that makes a difference or not I'm not sure?
02-24-06 07:22 AM
Thanks for the info. I upgraded from 1.05 also. Do you have the Microsoft Dual-core hotfix installed and also, what version of the drivers are you using?

See the attachment to see how mine looks. The option is not selectable at all, it's grayed out.

Edit: Nevermind, just me being stupid. I still had the /onecpu flag in the boot.ini. I was recently checking some stuff and forgot to remove it when I was done. Argh...

Superfly
02-24-06, 09:53 AM
anybody wanna comment on thier audio experience so far with this patch - specifically when using headphones.

Kaguya
02-24-06, 09:57 AM
Edit: Nevermind, just me being stupid. I still had the /onecpu flag in the boot.ini. I was recently checking some stuff and forgot to remove it when I was done. Argh...

Glad you found the problem, OWA :)

OWA
02-24-06, 10:00 AM
I tried a quick-save, checkpoint and map-start. They all seemed to work but let me keep checking a little longer to make sure everything is okay.

Glad you found the problem, OWA
Thanks and thanks for the help. :)

anybody wanna comment on thier audio experience so far with this patch - specifically when using headphones.
I only use headphones so I'll pay attention to that this evening. I've got to leave now though. The quick checks I just did, I didn't have my headphones on. Sorry.

Superfly
02-24-06, 10:45 AM
^^ thanks OWA.

OWA
02-24-06, 12:55 PM
Actually, it seems like most of the sound is coming out of the left for me and that occurs even in the logo at the beginning of the game. Even worse, now playing MP3, WMAs, etc. it's the same way. Running the X-Fi, test I'm not getting anything from the left. I only hear sound when it does something for the right but I actually hear the sound through the left speaker. I wonder if it replaced some sound files or something.

Superfly
02-24-06, 12:57 PM
umm - thats both bad for you (and me) and rather hard to confirm....

I have filed a bug report with ID - could you do the same pls.

OWA
02-24-06, 01:00 PM
Actually, one of my headphone inputs was loose. What a coincidence. Give me a second and I'll try Quake 4 again. My mp3, wma, etc. are back to normal now.

Superfly
02-24-06, 01:02 PM
roger that :-)

Superfly
02-24-06, 01:03 PM
most of my Q4 audio is OK, its Squad mates that I can hear more through the left that the right - even if they are standing to the right.

Also fixed enemy weapon points (like turret's) have the same issue.

OWA
02-24-06, 01:06 PM
Give me a level or where you at on a level so I can get in the same general area. The part I just tested seemed fine but it was mainly just me and the enemy groaning when hit and stuff. No talking going on.

Also, since I've made mistake after mistake today can you confirm or deny that your saved games worked okay (for nekrosoft13). It seems to be working okay for me but who knows. I just don't trust anything I say at the moment. :)

Superfly
02-24-06, 01:37 PM
OK - the Turrets to the right of you as you approach the drop ship @ the start of the game. - they are shooting at an overturned truck with some troops hinding for cover.

The sound effect for the turrets comes from left channel but they to your right.

im using CMSS-3D Headphones.

Superfly
02-24-06, 01:40 PM
im gonna re-install the game without the patch and see if it returns to normal.

OWA
02-24-06, 02:03 PM
Okay, I think I have save point near that area. Some of the other areas near the very beginning seem okay so far, sound-wise.

As general info, I got a BSOD when loading a save game from the beginning of the game. After it rebooted, I started a new game without loading one and it worked fine. I haven't gone back to try the save game yet.

Superfly
02-24-06, 03:12 PM
Ok - solved the problem by rolling back to the 2.07.0000 X-Fi WHQL driver.

Its nothing to do with the patch.

thanks for your help OWA.