PDA

View Full Version : God Of War Sequel is scheduled for the PS2 NOT the PS3!

ENU291
02-23-06, 12:03 PM
It seems strange that a high profile title like the sequel to God of War is not slated to be released on the PS3. Read more info about this here (http://www.shacknews.com/onearticle.x/40919).

H3avyM3tal
02-23-06, 02:08 PM
There was also a rumour that GoW3 will come out with ps3, while being developed side by side with GoW2. Only a rumour though, like this.

I do think its possible that we may get another GoW on this gen.

mrrolf
02-23-06, 02:54 PM
I would love to see of GoW on PS3. Imagine 100's of bad guys surrounding your character who is going totally crazy, killing them all.

Sazar
02-23-06, 03:43 PM
Didn't he die?

Lfctony
02-23-06, 04:16 PM
Kratos became the new God of War. :)

t6_shadow
02-23-06, 05:36 PM
It seems strange that a high profile title like the sequel to God of War is not slated to be released on the PS3. Read more info about this here (http://www.shacknews.com/onearticle.x/40919).

Well PS3 is completely backward compatible isn't it? At least you won't totally miss out. I do see your point tho you want the game to use all of the PS3's power. Hopefully at minimum GOW3 will be a PS3 exclusive title.

Son Goku
02-24-06, 01:10 AM
Well, I've heard some suggestion that the PS3 won't be released until 2007 (well not necessarily including initial launch in Japan). That could be part of it, especially if the game company is wanting to get their own title here, out the door sooner rather then latter. About the only reason I'm comming up for this off the top of my head.

Even with mention of the game perhaps comming out in Feb 2007 (someone can perhaps check the roadmap for what month PS3 is slated), whether the company might want to QA test the game on an actual console, as released to market, prior to shipping their own game, could possibly be a consideration. Albeit one I won't say matter of factly has to be what's going on...

Anyhow, further delays might not be unrealistic:

http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20060220/tc_nm/sony_playstation_dc

SPRING LAUNCH 'UNREALISTIC'

Most analysts took the report in stride as they already expected Sony to launch the PS3 this summer in Japan, followed by a U.S. launch before the Thanksgiving holiday in November. They expect a launch in Europe in early 2007.

"No one is seriously thinking a spring release is realistic any more," said Hiroshi Kamide, an analyst at KBC Securities. "If I were Sony, I wouldn't be that worried about releasing as soon as I possibly could."

How long the actual delay could turn out to be, time will tell...

H3avyM3tal
02-24-06, 03:52 AM
Well PS3 is completely backward compatible isn't it? At least you won't totally miss out. I do see your point tho you want the game to use all of the PS3's power. Hopefully at minimum GOW3 will be a PS3 exclusive title.

GoW is made by sony's studio, if Im not mistaken. So yeah, it's a sure exclusive.

Marvel_us
02-24-06, 01:52 PM
I think that would be pretty good. I'd hate to have them kill GoW2 for PS3 and it is rushed, futher delayed etc. That way they can do as much as they can to maximize GoW3 perforance on PS3.

|MaguS|
02-24-06, 02:02 PM
GoW is made by sony's studio, if Im not mistaken. So yeah, it's a sure exclusive.

Yep and unlike popular belief Sony told David Jaffe (GoW Creator) and Fumito Ueda (Creator of Shadow of Colossus) that their next projects are of their own decision. Both have stated that they have no desire to return to the original titles as of yet (could be a lie to throw us off).

I do know that Fumito Ueda said his next project will be on the PSP... Think David Jaffe also stated interest in the PSP.

Mr. Hunt
02-24-06, 05:11 PM
Yep and unlike popular belief Sony told David Jaffe (GoW Creator) and Fumito Ueda (Creator of Shadow of Colossus) that their next projects are of their own decision. Both have stated that they have no desire to return to the original titles as of yet (could be a lie to throw us off).

I do know that Fumito Ueda said his next project will be on the PSP... Think David Jaffe also stated interest in the PSP.

Yup... if you check out Jaffe's blog he mentions his PSP title (don't think it has a title yet), and he mentioned how he liked not having cutscenes and sort of keeping you in the game like Half-Life... he said he isn't going to say if it is or isn't first person... but you never know. I just hope it will be extremely awesome :\.

t6_shadow
02-26-06, 12:43 PM

Kind of sounds silly but I meant for exclusive as having it for PS3 but not PS2. ;)