PDA

View Full Version : Having trouble with HDR in Farcry

DansFace
02-24-06, 03:54 PM
I'm having so many problems with HDR in Farcry.. not matter what driver I use the HDR will appear normal for about 5 mins. Then I get this weird effect on the entire screen it's very hard to explain. I don't have any screens but i'll take some when I get home.

What could be causing this?

Muppet
02-24-06, 04:36 PM
What temps are your card running at, it sounds like an overheating issue

Darkoz
02-24-06, 05:17 PM
You may also have AA enabled which is causing the corruption.
If so, turn AA off, HDR doesn't work in FarCry with AA enabled.

agentkay
02-24-06, 05:18 PM
Make sure you disable AA. Application-controlled in the CP, and ingame OFF. Edit: Darkos beat me. (pirate)

Muppet
02-24-06, 06:05 PM
Seeing as it works fine for 5 minutes, i don't think it's AA related.It sounds like a heat issue.Do you have good ventilation in your case, these cards can get pretty hot

OWA
02-24-06, 09:04 PM
Sounds like it's not patched to the later versions. Certain combinations of Far Cry/drivers will cause weird HDR effects. Use some of the later drivers and try Far Cry 1.3, 1.32, 1.33 or 1.4. With 81.98s and 1.33 and 1.4 have been fine for me, for example. With some of the drivers, 1.3 worked better.

JaxMacFL
02-25-06, 08:24 AM
What temps are your card running at, it sounds like an overheating issue

Use a can of compressed air and blow out the inside of your case for dust build-up and 'dust bunnies' that can, surprizingly, accumulate rather quickly. Also all the air intakes and exhausts, plus any fan blades, including the ones on your video card and cpu, where dust builds up real fast. I give my rig a good cleaning at least once every 3 months.