PDA

View Full Version : Best Cooler For The 6800GT?

muaddib
02-24-06, 05:38 PM
Hello all.

I'm looking for a cooler that will feature a good balance between noise and performance, however with a greater emphasis on quietness. It should come in a reasonable price and size.

I was thinking on one of these Arctic Silver NV Silencer's.

Who do you think?

Thanks in advance.

Cheers (pirate)

j0j081
02-25-06, 12:56 AM
Definitely get the Zalman in my sig. In most cases it's a toss up between that and the NV silencer but the good part for you will be the adjustable fan speed. In Silent mode it is impossible to hear over any of the other cooling devices in your computer. Then if your card starts getting to hot in the summer you can switch it on all the way which cools it by a few more degrees but that will only be necessary if you have your pc in a very warm room.

muaddib
02-25-06, 05:41 AM
Hey, I see you got a 6800GT too. I'm aiming for 400/1.1 clocks as well, but my poor stock cooler won't let me do so. How cool is your 6800GT?

snowmanwithahat
02-25-06, 01:27 PM
yeh, i have the zalman cooler also, it dropped my temps by atleast 15 C, and even 20C when it's completely cleaned out (it collects dust easily)

pretty much the only competition is the nvsilencer, but i wouldn't get one, tehy're much bigger and not as easy to install, the zalman was a breeze and cools really well, and as youc an see, i've overclocked to ultra speeds, and it's still running 18C cooler than it was at stock speeds.... it'll really bring out the potential in your card

dandano
02-25-06, 01:50 PM
nothing is more quiet than water. ;)

danh

keith33
02-25-06, 01:51 PM
Have you seen the Accelero X2 by Arctic Cooling? That is one efficient beast if you don't mind the nasty looks. I would take one over a Zalman personally.

HOT1
02-26-06, 12:07 AM
Have you seen the Accelero X2 by Arctic Cooling? That is one efficient beast if you don't mind the nasty looks. I would take one over a Zalman personally.
The x2 is PCI-E only :thumbdwn: and it over heats the NF4 chip by blowing all the heat on to it.

muaddib
02-27-06, 07:01 AM
So I guess I should go for the Zalman? ('cuz my 6800GT is AGP, and water is right now too much money and hassle).

mullet
02-27-06, 08:55 AM
ZALMAN FTW, my 6800GT went from 53c Idle to 42c idle and never gets above 51c under a load of playing UT2004 & CoD2 for 4 hours.

Chiles4
03-01-06, 05:19 PM
Another vote for the Zalman. Very easy to install and great temp drops. Use it on my 6800GT.

Energy jobs
12-12-08, 10:50 PM
ATI and NVIDIA perform the main competition in the market of video cards. ATI provides some video cards that are comparable by their performance with the GeForce 6800GT. Officially, the Radeon X800Pro is a video card of such level. Therefore, in some games, like Doom 3 or Half-Life2, these video cards are not equal. The reason is in the usage of different technologies. For instance, UltraShadow 2 is a good help for NVIDIA cards in the Doom3 game. Additional optimizations, implemented in the applications, can also influence the superiority of some video cards. Thus, ATI cards are much better than NVIDIA ones in Half-Life 2.:afro2:

Madpistol
12-12-08, 11:33 PM
ATI and NVIDIA perform the main competition in the market of video cards. ATI provides some video cards that are comparable by their performance with the GeForce 6800GT. Officially, the Radeon X800Pro is a video card of such level. Therefore, in some games, like Doom 3 or Half-Life2, these video cards are not equal. The reason is in the usage of different technologies. For instance, UltraShadow 2 is a good help for NVIDIA cards in the Doom3 game. Additional optimizations, implemented in the applications, can also influence the superiority of some video cards. Thus, ATI cards are much better than NVIDIA ones in Half-Life 2.:afro2:

Ok....

You're about 2.5 years late to the party bud. :headexplode:

At this point, nearly all video cards can play Doom 3 or Half-Life 2 well.