PDA

View Full Version : Quick SLI Switch

lord_zelo
02-24-06, 09:39 PM
Ok, have a little bit of a problem here... I like to use multi-mon support and am trying to find a Quick way to have SLI on when I play games and have SLI off when I am working on my desktop. Is there a quick way to do this? Like an icon in the system try or something on a context menu... Anyone help me out with this?

I would appreciate ANYTHING!

LZ

Peoples-Agent
02-25-06, 03:24 AM
Yeah, you can disable SLI in the nVidia Control panel.

Goto SLI Multi GPU, and just untick "Enable SLI Multi GPU"

lord_zelo
02-25-06, 06:37 AM
I want to know if there is an easierway though? I hate having to go into that Every time I want to switch SLI on/off. Is there a Launcher or something I can use? Any time of program that makes it easier?

monkeydust
02-25-06, 08:56 AM
Yeah, I want the same thing. They should add it to the options on the NVIDIA setting icon in the system tray.

jAkUp
02-25-06, 09:01 AM
Hmmm... or maybe a shortcut on the desktop... double click, enable. double click, disable.

Peoples-Agent
02-25-06, 10:25 AM
Is it really that much hard work? LOL

ViN86
02-25-06, 11:28 AM
no, im sure someone here could write one. :)

i could if it was in C and i knew where to start. also i dont have any initiative as i dont have SLi yet.

ronin17
02-25-06, 11:46 AM
Ah comeon, it takes like 6 seconds to open up the Nvidia control panel and click SLI off. Is 6 seconds really that bad? :confused:

Tigerblade
02-27-06, 03:41 AM
Or buy a cheap PCI card and run your other monitor(s) off that with SLi enabled ;)

lord_zelo
02-27-06, 12:49 PM
Ya know, I just tried doing that and it says "SLI cannot be enabled with your current configuration."

What's up with that? I have my SLI cards set as the Primary Display Adapter in BIOS and still... ack...