PDA

View Full Version : whats vcore do???

bugmage
02-24-06, 10:52 PM
I thought v core was to up the voltage to your cpu for overclocking, but my bios has force fid control, which i used to set my cpu voltage to 1.5, but i cant get as far as i should be getting, would changing hte vcore fix it? whats that do exactly, its in incraments of .20mv????

heres screenshots of the bios
http://www.pcstats.com/ArtVNL.cfm?articleid=1865&page=3

thanks

so im reading stuff and hammer vid should be the 10x 9x and so on of the cpu, but when i select a front side bus or ht seetting those have 2000 10x in them 1800 9x and that changes the muliplyer, whats with this, its like my vcore is switched with othere stuff idk can someone explain why the setting are like this, when i upp the force fid, cpuz says my cup voltage turns to that setting whihc is good, but is that a ht thing idk???

rewt
02-24-06, 11:22 PM
Vcore is voltage for the CPU (or in the case of a graphics card, the GPU)

+50 mV = + .05 volts
+100 mV = + .10 volts
+150 mV = + .15 volts
+200 mV = + .20 volts

. . . and so on

So if normal vCore is 1.4v and you add +150 mV, that results in 1.55v Vcore

bugmage
02-24-06, 11:25 PM
ohhhhhhhhhhh, video core, gotch yeah, now i have onboard so that wont effect my 6800gs right, is there a way besides bios mod i can up that a little?

rewt
02-24-06, 11:30 PM
Vcore means Core Voltage, not Video Core.

Core Voltage as in CPU voltage (for the Central Processing Unit)

or

Core Voltage as in GPU voltage (Graphics Processing Unit)

GPU voltage is generally controlled by the Video card's BIOS, not the mainboard BIOS.

Sorry for the confusion.

Roadhog
02-24-06, 11:31 PM
^^what he said

bugmage
02-24-06, 11:39 PM
alright so im overclocking my 3800 and i can only get to 244 fsb stable, should i touch vcore? what will it do to the actual voltage that cpuz shows me? I have force vid control to 1.4v, but i tryped up to 1.5 and it didnt help, so theres actaully 2 voltages then? my mems running at 100 so its not a factor and the hts at 4

should i leave the hammer vid along? and just us vcore incraments? coudl that be the problem

Roadhog
02-24-06, 11:43 PM
dont mess with the voltages if you dont know what your doing... you will fry something.

bugmage
02-24-06, 11:44 PM
well im not going over 1.5v on the core im just trying to figiure why thats set as the force yada yada and not the vcore setting, if you know what I mean, do they both change the voltage, just the force holds it there, becuase if i use force fid to 10x i have problems where if I leave that on auto it still runs at 10x but is fine