PDA

View Full Version : Who Has Played GT Legends

john19055
02-25-06, 06:11 AM
I just got it ,I don't know if it is a old game or new just seen it at Walmart and I like raceing games like NFSMW , Juiced,I not much on the really real like ones like NT2004 ,I seen that it is 2.5gig big and it looked new to me and for $19.95 ,It just needs a DX8.1 card so the graphics may not be up to par ,but it does'nt look that bad.I open the box and see StarForce in big letters I don't like that because it messes with some of my other applications.I now have two Starforce games that I know of, Bet On Soldier ,I wonder if that is why they are so cheap

agentkay
02-25-06, 06:50 AM
I have that game and it kicks ass! The low price might be explained because its not arcarde racer, but more a racing sim by the same guys who made GTR and of course that game got released in Europe 4-5 months ago. If you are into classic GT cars (60s - 70s) and like realistic handling (you can customize it, add driving aids to make it easier) on road tracks in Europe, then this game is the one that is meant for you. lol Graphics are very good too, especially the models of the cars. Check out these screenshots of mine:

http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=720952&postcount=226

http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=721519&postcount=229

OWA
02-25-06, 08:16 AM
I just got it ,I don't know if it is a old game or new just seen it at Walmart and I like raceing games like NFSMW , Juiced,I not much on the really real like ones like NT2004 ,I seen that it is 2.5gig big and it looked new to me and for $19.95 ,It just needs a DX8.1 card so the graphics may not be up to par ,but it does'nt look that bad.I open the box and see StarForce in big letters I don't like that because it messes with some of my other applications.I now have two Starforce games that I know of, Bet On Soldier ,I wonder if that is why they are so cheap
Yeah, it is finally available locally here as well. It was very tempting, especially at that price, but I decided to just stick with the demo for now since I didn't want to deal with the CD (due to starforce). I'm hoping it'll be offered on one of the Direct2Drive type sites at some point. While that method has drawbacks also, at least I don't have to have a CD in the drive to play.

Nice screenshots agentkay!

john19055
02-25-06, 08:53 AM
They have on thier web site how to remove the starforce protection,I glad because one of the games I have with starforce gave me all kinds of problems.and those pictures look sharp .

jolle
02-25-06, 12:03 PM
I thought it was really fun, played it on a LAN with some friends and I normaly dont play alot of car games, even less Sims like this one..
But starting out with those small cars it wasnt as difficult as ex a F1 sim game where you make a tiny mistake and get pasted to a wall with the car reduced to scrap metal.
Its refreshing with this different type of cars.

StevePMo
02-27-06, 08:30 PM
if you remove starforce, and play the game again, it will reinstall it, don't be fooled. I also have GT Legends, and it is a nice game, but i am used to F1 Sims, and these cars are just too slow for my taste, lol

smallSHEEP
03-01-06, 07:33 PM
Im really tempted to get this game, it seems to be around the 17 mark which seems pretty reasonable. I'm a bit put off by the lack of a No-CD patch though :thumbdwn: maybe i'll just keep the demo installed and buy psychonauts instead?