PDA

View Full Version : Video wont capture.

Dr Zoidberg
02-26-06, 04:49 AM
I have my sattalite going through coax calbe into a $600+ sony VCR out via RCA cables then into a svideo adapter and finally into my video card's Svideo port. I open up Adobe premiere and select capture, then go to choose device, there is only once listed and its alwase offline. I go to windows movie maker, go to capute video; "you have no device installed...". I am using latest drivers and I also installed Vivo driver.

What is wrong?

Dr Zoidberg
03-04-06, 04:39 PM
So nobody knows?

snowmanwithahat
03-04-06, 07:45 PM
what video card do you have? just because it has an svideo cable doesn't mean it can capture.... now if it's a VIVO card and your svideo is going to the svideo-in on the VIVO dongle... then there's no reason why it shouldn't work

Dr Zoidberg
03-06-06, 01:35 PM
I acually have a Geforce Fx 5900, but I posted it in this forum because hardy any one looks in the Fx forum anymore, let alone help people with problems.

There shouldent be a diffrence between the Fx's and the 7800's Svideo ports, so I assumed it wouldent matter which one I posted in.

And no its just a Svideo port, not Vivo.

Ady
03-06-06, 07:35 PM
That is a S-Video Output, not an Input. So you can't use it for capture. Only to display out to a TV or something similar.

Dr Zoidberg
03-07-06, 01:33 PM
Yes I know what its for...

But just like you can use a speaker as a microphone (doesnt work very well though), couldent you get it to work as a input, all it is a port, its not hard wired to not do input.

tieros
03-07-06, 04:56 PM
You can't plug a microphone into the speaker jack of a tape recorder and expect it to record. That's what you're basically trying to do.

Ady
03-08-06, 08:44 PM
its not hard wired to not do input.

Yes it is. It is simply not capable of accepting input. You're treating it like it's an old analogue device. Digitizing something to a PC is far from that.

tieros is right, you don't leave that speaker plugged into the output as you use it for a microphone. You would have to disconnect that S-Video port and plug it into and input which your card doesn't have. That would be like saying "why can't I capture what my monitor sees?".