PDA

View Full Version : Newegg Advice?

mavrick813
02-26-06, 09:00 PM
Refurbished CPU from Newegg? What would come with it? Would it still maintain manufacturers warranty? Good idea for saving $100?

Edit: Also, REFURBISHED: Logitech Z-5450 970181-0403 315 Watts 5.1 Speaker - OEM ? What would be missing compared to retail? Any ideas?

Rytr, That's what I was thinking, but then I was like, Well wires are no big deal I can get some cheap ones, was more worried about the Remote, or the Remotes receiver

Rytr
02-26-06, 09:08 PM
Think there would still be warranty on a refurb from AMD.

As far as the speaker you would be lucky to get any wires.

superklye
02-27-06, 12:16 AM
Aren't the wires like the other ones on the logitechs? for starters, only the front left, right and center would have wires and they're a part of the speaker, hardwired in.

The rear speakers are "wireless" apart from having to be plugged into the wall.

Unless Logitech has changed how they wire their speakers, that is...

ENU291
02-27-06, 07:47 AM
It's the luck of the draw really. I've ordered refurb from NewEgg in the past. Sometimes I got everything and sometimes I got just the main item. As per CPUs it's a safe bet that if the CPU doesn't die in the first 3 months you're golden so don't worry to much about a full warranty. Just run Prime or SuperPI for 24hrs to see if it craps out on you.

rudedog
02-27-06, 12:53 PM
also make sure you understand neweggs warranty on said product. If they say they dont warranty it then if something is bad you will have to send it directly back to the manufacturer.

As for the CPU if your not getting a great deal (at least 30% off) I would go with a boxed or OEM version and save yourself the aggravation and hassle

good luck

mavrick813
02-28-06, 05:36 PM
thanks guys