PDA

View Full Version : Anyone here still play SC?

Pages : [1] 2

supra
02-26-06, 10:27 PM
Was doing some cleaning and found my sc and broodwar cds. So I thought id install it. Had forgotten what a great game this was and still is considering its hella old.

whats everyones fav race?

i use either zerg or protoss. (nana2)

supra
02-26-06, 10:44 PM
http://mods.moddb.com/6470/downloads/Starcraft-15-3D-Conversion-Maps/ :)

omgz (nana2) :D

RAY16
02-26-06, 11:11 PM
I haven't played SC in ages, but I was addicted to it for a long time. These days I can't bring myself to play any Blizzard game online, I think it has something to do with me wishing everybody on Battle.net a slow, horrible, painful and embarrassing death.

Son Goku
02-26-06, 11:51 PM
I used to play it, but haven't in many years...

Zerg was probably the first class I played, but meh... Creepy if you ask me, sorta like em creatures in the "Aliens" movie :eek:

In the end, I think I ended up playing Protoss most...

Capt. Picard
02-27-06, 12:11 AM
I used to play it, but haven't in many years...

Zerg was probably the first class I played, but meh... Creepy if you ask me, sorta like em creatures in the "Aliens" movie :eek:

In the end, I think I ended up playing Protoss most...

Yep, the carriers are very potent.

supra
02-27-06, 12:12 AM
Ya I like protoss alot too. dark templar+dragoon+protoss carrier = :thumbsup:

supra
02-27-06, 12:16 AM
also, anyone know whats tha deal with starcraft:ghost? seems like its been in the development for ever

superklye
02-27-06, 12:19 AM
I had to give my copies of SC and BW away because I just couldn't play anymore. I almost failed out of high school because of that game. To this day, it is STILL the greatest game ever made.

Rakeesh
02-27-06, 12:35 AM
I liked the zerg the best. My favored tactic used to be hydra rush with dark swarm. They would trash any mass carrier or battlecruiser attack in very short order as well. In fact I think I still have a saved replay of a multiplayer game where I trashed two terrans and another zerg like that all by myself (It was a 3v3 game, one teammate was disconnected and the other one just kinda sat on his ass, and I even managed to keep him alive.)

Ya I like protoss alot too. dark templar+dragoon+protoss carrier = :thumbsup:

Heh, guardians with hydralisks would pwn that setup :D

http://mods.moddb.com/6470/downloads/Starcraft-15-3D-Conversion-Maps/ :)

Bleh...WC3 engine just makes SC look too shiny and cartoony. Course, I never really liked WC3 though.

Nvidiot222
02-27-06, 09:03 PM
I play SC sometimes, at West or East servers.

Terran of course ;D

superklye
02-27-06, 09:13 PM
I played the WC3 mod last night and it was fun, but the AI doesn't know what to do, so that kinda sucked. You definitely have to play against other people.

supra
02-27-06, 11:29 PM
I played the WC3 mod last night and it was fun, but the AI doesn't know what to do, so that kinda sucked. You definitely have to play against other people.

Yeh I tested it out lastnight and was a little dissapointed that you cant verse pc.

But other than that, awesome conversion.

de><ta
02-28-06, 09:40 AM
Yep, the carriers are very potent.

What I love about Starcraft is that there is no one and only strategy. A carrier could be easily taken out by a bunch of scourge (zerg kamakazi birds) or neutered completly by a ghost using lockdown.

Also Archons could be made real vulnerable with the emp missiles from the science vessels.

My favourite side in Star Craft Brood Wars Would have to be the Protoss.
Dark Templar + mind control = win!

In normal Star Craft it would probably have to be Terran. They are the most versaitle units and the number of strategies possible with them are a lot more then with the Protoss or the Zerg.

six_storm
02-28-06, 10:30 AM
I used to play a ton when I didn't have school and work in the way lol. I like the terran for a long time but finally got into the Protoss. I just like the high techiness so to speak. I bought SC for my iBook but I have yet to really play it. It's hard to play with a trackpad . . . especially during class.

Ninjaman09
02-28-06, 12:30 PM
I was fairly proficient with all three races but I was probably best with the Terrans. I used the Protoss for quite some time though.

Rakeesh
03-01-06, 02:00 PM
You know, I have such an urge for playing this game again ever since sticking my nose into this thread.

superklye
03-01-06, 02:03 PM
I never actually answered the question, I realized...

I was a master with the Protoss. I always made an enormous army of Archons and leveled everyone. I was always a late game player, though, so I'd have to play with at least one other person who was an early game player so that they could protect me while I was building up the brute force that would eventually win later on.

CaptNKILL
03-01-06, 02:11 PM
Am I a bad person? I've never played Starcraft :o

Rakeesh
03-01-06, 02:20 PM
Am I a bad person? I've never played Starcraft :o

Yes. :D

BTW you can buy the starcraft battle chest for like $10 now, which includes the original, the expansion, and a few guides.

I was a master with the Protoss. I always made an enormous army of Archons and leveled everyone. I was always a late game player, though, so I'd have to play with at least one other person who was an early game player so that they could protect me while I was building up the brute force that would eventually win later on.

I did a similar thing with the zerg only I would use lots of zerglings at first until I get a bunch of vespene gas and like 10 hatcheries, which would allow me to spawn 30 hydralisks per attack wave. Nobody would ever be able to keep up. My hydras would take out all of your archons in two waves, and then you wouldn't be able to rebuild fast enough for the third and fourth waves :D

supra
03-01-06, 06:18 PM
You know, I have such an urge for playing this game again ever since sticking my nose into this thread.

lol, nothing wrong with playing sc. go on, you know u wanna ;)

Rakeesh
03-01-06, 07:13 PM
Yeah just not a lot of time for games lately. I might have time later tonight tho.

BTW, I just happened to be looking in my closet for something else, and noticed I still have the box for this game :D

It has a coupon in it for $10 off of "Warcraft: Lord of the Clans" :D

de><ta
03-01-06, 07:15 PM

Back when SC first came out, Archon mania was all the rage. Untill some one discovered that 3 science vessels with the EMP missile upgrade and 2 groups of marines could easily take out 12 odd archons in a few seconds.

An archon without a shield only has 10 HP. :p

Oh God, the geek in me got out...

/me shoves the geek back into the cellar

Rakeesh
03-04-06, 06:16 PM
Can't say much for the AI in this game. I can take them out by spawning nothing but zerglings :D

superklye
03-04-06, 06:19 PM
What's is that file for, AW? Is it a WC3 mod or is it a stand alone mini-game of some sort?

Rakeesh
03-04-06, 07:47 PM
It's a replay for SC. What version about did you stop playing SC? They added an option to save your multiplayer or single player custom games as a replay after you finish it, and you can watch the whole game from start to finish. I think they implimented this somewhere around version 1.11 or so.

Here's another one with all zerglings against all protoss :D

When I kill them off, they still have a bunch of cloaked units and fliers left over that are attacking the zerglings on the ground one at a time, but it is hopeless because there are simply way too many of them.