PDA

View Full Version : Anyone know places that do custom jobs on cases?

ViN86
02-27-06, 12:12 PM
im lookin for a company that will put a window and fan in my side piece for my antec sonata. the paint job is way too nice for me to try and do it myself, and i always leave the case side off, but i want to put it back on and get some UV lights for my mobo.

anyone know any places?

superklye
02-27-06, 01:29 PM
I'm totally moving to Orange County and setting up a custom computer case shop.

I'll be OCCCC. Orange County Custom Comptuer Cases.

I think I'm going to go MTV, SpikeTV and VH1 about it now...

seeker
02-27-06, 01:39 PM
If it were me, I would simply buy a trim router and bit to cut the hole to a template size and drill the holes where they need to be around it. You can get a cheap trim router at harborfreight.com, or locally if they have a location in your town. I checked it on their website and they have a Chicago for only $20.00.

grey_1
02-27-06, 10:18 PM
If it were me, I would simply buy a trim router and bit to cut the hole to a template size and drill the holes where they need to be around it. You can get a cheap trim router at harborfreight.com, or locally if they have a location in your town. I checked it on their website and they have a Chicago for only $20.00.
Yep, and look up tut's for it, take your time and you'll be surprized what you can do. Good luck!

Roadhog
02-27-06, 10:40 PM
make sure to tape off the outline of what you cut, so the paint doesnt chip and you dont scratch it.

nV`andrew
02-27-06, 11:20 PM
i think he wants someone else to do it for him

GamerGuyX
02-27-06, 11:36 PM
i think he wants someone else to do it for him

I know right?

It's so damn annoying when people do that.

jAkUp
02-27-06, 11:54 PM
There are places that do it... very expensive though since they do uber jobs on it.

I can't remember any right now though...

CaptNKILL
02-27-06, 11:59 PM
My brother did his own case... turned out freakin sweet too. His case is probably more than 6 years old, hes just stuck with it for a really damn long time and decided he'd rather soup it up than get a new one.

He went with all the pinstriping, buffing the paint to a near-mirror finish, lots and LOTS of blue glowy crap, custom cut fan holes, fan controllers, kathodes... its really a sweet looking machine.

ViN86
02-28-06, 01:16 PM
I know right?

It's so damn annoying when people do that.
haha its not like im askin someone to do it for free. im willing to dish out the cash, i just dont want it on my hands if the side becomes FUBAR'd, lol.

im gonna start lookin around for how-to's, maybe ill try it over spring break.

jAk, when you say expensive, are you talkin hundreds of dollars? or like $50? cause id pay up to $50 for it.

ViN86
03-01-06, 09:51 AM
found once place, wahoo computers
http://www.wahoocomputers.com/why_wahoo.htm

i emailed em for a quote, ill post what they say when i get a response.

ViN86
03-01-06, 11:58 AM
they quoted me at $150 :eek:

looks like ill be doin it myself if its going to be done at all.

CaptNKILL
03-01-06, 12:11 PM
they quoted me at $150 :eek:

looks like ill be doin it myself if its going to be done at all.
Well jeez, what did you want done? I would charge twice that for cutting custom fan or window holes, giving it a well done paint job (ie, sanded, buffed and shiny, not just spray painted) and putting fans and stuff in it. My brother spent over $100 on all of the cooling and lighting he bought for his job... that didnt count the pin stripes, paint and all the work.

Im actually surprised that thats all they'd charge you.

ViN86
03-01-06, 04:16 PM
Well jeez, what did you want done? I would charge twice that for cutting custom fan or window holes, giving it a well done paint job (ie, sanded, buffed and shiny, not just spray painted) and putting fans and stuff in it. My brother spent over $100 on all of the cooling and lighting he bought for his job... that didnt count the pin stripes, paint and all the work.

Im actually surprised that thats all they'd charge you.
its more practical to just buy a new case. dont know why no one said that before.... not like it would have hurt my feelings :p

CaptNKILL
03-01-06, 04:19 PM
its more practical to just buy a new case. dont know why no one said that before.... not like it would have hurt my feelings :p
Well, usually a custom job is something unique, cases with windows are a dime a dozen these days :p

Chiles4
03-01-06, 06:17 PM
http://www.performance-pcs.com

Shamrock
03-01-06, 10:41 PM
www.xoxide.com

nV`andrew
03-01-06, 11:56 PM
Oh, dude, you dip**** why the hel would u waste a $100 on ur case customizing it, jeeze hwta a noob, BUY A NEW ONE!

hehe jk jk

that lil star wars p-160wf mod was awesome

ViN86
03-02-06, 02:33 PM
Well, usually a custom job is something unique, cases with windows are a dime a dozen these days :p
good point

oh and lol @ andrew :lol: