PDA

View Full Version : Help with wireless networking

bonchez
02-27-06, 09:57 PM
I have a wireless network problem, I put my other computer upstairs so other people can use the internet. I have a wireless router here in my room, I connect my computer to it useing ethernet, the one upstairs has a USB device with a wireless antenna pulgged into it. When I first installed the software upstairs I could see the connection for my router. I was able to connect to it just fine. I tried to secure it, it did secure itself. The problem is that it's now locked and I don't know the password for it. I have a Linksys Wireless-G 2.4GHz 54MPS Broadband router and a Linksys Wireless-G USB Network Adapter.

CaptNKILL
02-27-06, 10:06 PM
There should be a reset button on the router somewhere... hold that for a few seconds all the settings.

I dont know much about networking though, so I wont be able to help much beyond that.

EDIT: Whoops... I may have misunderstood your question. I dont think this will help any :p

bonchez
02-27-06, 11:36 PM
Nevermind, I fixed it. My friend told me to login to this security thing on the internet and I got the password. Thanks anyways.

nV`andrew
02-28-06, 06:49 PM
I abosulutely HATE networking. I wish you had like 5 ports at your house where you could permanently or temporarily plug into a T3 network for free. Or just Cable

j0j081
02-28-06, 08:30 PM
I abosulutely HATE networking. I wish you had like 5 ports at your house where you could permanently or temporarily plug into a T3 network for free. Or just Cable
LOL I had something similar to that in at old apartment. We had an ethernet jack in every room that connected to a high speed network.