PDA

View Full Version : New Farcry Instincts screens and video

RiciN
02-27-06, 11:46 PM
The water looks fantastic, everything else looks sorta 'meh'. Looks like a rental...

http://media.xbox360.ign.com/media/791/791949/imgs_1.html

jAkUp
02-27-06, 11:58 PM
Yea that water is incredible! Best I have ever seen no contest.

The rest just looks ok :) But the draw distance sucks. The trees start turning to sprites way too close.

slick
02-27-06, 11:59 PM
Yeah, aside from the absolutely phenominal water, this title really has nothing going for it graphics-wise.

toxikneedle
02-28-06, 12:13 AM
Well it is nothing more than a Xbox1 engine port to 360. I'm sure other than water and a few effects that the PC engine updated, they didnt add much. I personally don't care since I can at least play it now on my 360.

Now if this was a 360 game being developed for 2 years, that would be different.

nVidiaGuru
02-28-06, 12:17 AM
jaggies jaggies everywhere
billy badass memory controller with no AA to spare

the game isnt done so hopefully they dont have AA on, but from those screens the AA quailty of the 360 is kinda disappointing

Acid Rain
02-28-06, 01:38 AM
Yeah, I've been reading around and apparently this is just a "Oh, what the hell, let's just throw a cheap Xbox port at the 360"

It's just a marginal effort.

|MaguS|
02-28-06, 06:42 AM
From the video's it doesn't look bad at all. Performance seems to be good and all around the textures look better then the PCs but there is a jaggie issue and the blood look stupid...

Edge
02-28-06, 07:01 AM
Yeah, I've been reading around and apparently this is just a "Oh, what the hell, let's just throw a cheap Xbox port at the 360"

It's just a marginal effort.

The good news is they're including both original Xbox games and a few updates along the way. It's just a port, but at least there's a decent amount of content to be found in it. And of course, the water is amazing, it's almost like a teaser effect for what we can expect out of Cryengine 2.