PDA

View Full Version : Sony is finally admitting that the PlayStation 3 might be delayed!!

ENU291
02-28-06, 11:32 AM
Check out more about this here (http://www.gamespot.com/news/6144963.html).

|MaguS|
02-28-06, 11:37 AM
yay for poor reading skills! It doesn't state that there "will" be a delay but rather a delay is possible if certain key components cannot be completed/shipped in time.

Honestly, this has been coming though. With a lack of playable completed system to be shown the system is clearly not ready. I blame Blu-Ray, its just such a new technology that no one is ready to ship them... not even the standalone players.

On the PS3s launch, Im guessing around Oct it will hit both the US and Japan with a 2007 Spring launch for everyone else. We WILL (Yes, You can quote me on that) also see a playable PS3 at E3 (Sucks that Im not going this year).

ENU291
02-28-06, 11:42 AM
Since you are a stickler for details the title has been modified.

Mr_LoL
02-28-06, 11:44 AM
Not suprised here. The annoying thing is that Sony are not really saying anything concrete just little tidbits from spokesman x.

Knot3D
02-28-06, 12:03 PM
This is a good opportunity for MS.

|MaguS|
02-28-06, 12:13 PM
This is a good opportunity for MS.

If they can get the x360 instock. My local stores still have none and even Gamestop and EB are claiming that they have yet to fill their preorders.

Seems like both sides are in trouble... maybe Nintendo will suprise us and take the lead! (Yeah, Like that would ever happen).

ENU291
02-28-06, 12:24 PM
Seems like both sides are in trouble... maybe Nintendo will suprise us and take the lead! (Yeah, Like that would ever happen).

BAHAHAHAHA!!! :udawg: (rofl2)

Edge
02-28-06, 12:27 PM
If they can get the x360 instock. My local stores still have none and even Gamestop and EB are claiming that they have yet to fill their preorders.

I think they estimated that they'll be totally caught up with demand by May or so. My local Gamestop actually had cores in stock a few weeks ago, and they said that they were almost caught up to premium preorders. So we should start seeing a few stores pop up here and there that actually have them in stock on a regular basis. And yes, news of a PS3 delay (or shortage, when it's finally released) could certainly help the Xbox 360.

I can almost see that happening, simply because of the price and uniqueness of the Revolution. It probably will have enough "wow" factor that people would be willing to plunk down a few hundred on it to try it out, even if they don't have an interest in Nintendo games. Hell, look at the DS: underpowered, had nothing but 10 year old ports at launch, and didn't have any function outside of games. But people got it because it was cheap and unique.

It all depends on how well they can market it. The PS2 took off despite the abysmal games at launch simply because of marketing muscle. Nintendo could probably make some cheesy "now you can SWING your sword...for real!" advertisement for the Revolution and people would eat it up. It's like the arcade effect: you see all these crazy games with sword controllers and paddles and fishing rods, and you just want to give them a try because they're different and cheap even though you know they probably suck.

|MaguS|
02-28-06, 01:06 PM
The difference between the DS and the Rev is that Nintendo always had control of the Handheld market and there was never compition but with the Rev nintedo has failed twice to gain the recognition. I can see already the Rev lacking titles, sorry but how many titles do you think many large developers are going to make for it really? I can see maybe one or two Konami titles being released in a year but none like how we see on the other consoles.

And like the God of War Director said its a nice gimmick and it can seem fun at first but after an hour your arm is going to be killing you or you will just get bored of it. I mean can you really imagine playing a zelda game on it? They take usually 20+ hours now and well... thats alot of time just sitting there swinging your arm around...

ENU291, Its not about details. Its about you quoting an article incorrectly.

msxyz
02-28-06, 02:15 PM
Today I saw the first special offer related to the Xbox360

They were selling the Xboxes with a game in bundle (either Amped or Gun) at the price of the console alone. This store had four premium and two cores for sale.

And in the shop where I usual purchase videogames, while they experienced shortages back in december (but still had ~30 machines at launch), after the xmas season both the core and the premium have been available regulary. When I questioned the shopkeeper if that was a case of lack of interest for the Xbox360 he said that sales have been above his expectations yet there's a costant supply of machines coming.

Seeing as people in the Unisted States still have trouble finding a premium, I think that Microsoft is deliberately holding back shipments in the home market to erode Sony share in those areas that have been traditionally pro-Sony

Zelda_fan
02-28-06, 02:24 PM
The difference between the DS and the Rev is that Nintendo always had control of the Handheld market and there was never compition but with the Rev nintedo has failed twice to gain the recognition. I can see already the Rev lacking titles, sorry but how many titles do you think many large developers are going to make for it really? I can see maybe one or two Konami titles being released in a year but none like how we see on the other consoles.

Dur hur hur du revolution haz fail. Yeah right, it hasn't even realeased, and it's getting PLENTY of recognition. Keep dreaming about the PS3 takeover - it will be Sony's greatest fall.