PDA

View Full Version : Does anyone have their BF2 audio settings on "Software"?

sonaboy
02-28-06, 03:26 PM
Because if i switch it to hardware, my game crashes after about 30 seconds to BSOD and then a hard reboot.

I've got a CLabs Audigy 2 ZS - so plenty of sound crunching power there...

i've got the new drivers.
i've reinstalled the game twice.
i have 1.5 gigs of PC3200 RAM

but each time, same thing.

when i switch it to Software mode, i can play for hours.
anyone else have this prob?

SH64
03-01-06, 12:06 AM
which "new" drivers are you using ??
when you enable hardware what setting do you use ? (low , medium , high ?)

& is it working perfectly (the sound card i mean) in all other games ?

fugu_fish
03-01-06, 10:07 AM
Because if i switch it to hardware, my game crashes after about 30 seconds to BSOD and then a hard reboot.

I've got a CLabs Audigy 2 ZS - so plenty of sound crunching power there...

i've got the new drivers.
i've reinstalled the game twice.
i have 1.5 gigs of PC3200 RAM

but each time, same thing.

when i switch it to Software mode, i can play for hours.
anyone else have this prob?

Try the ZS in a different slot and see if that helps. I know that with ACPI and virtual IRQ's there shouldn't be any sharing conflicts but it's worth a try.

Peoples-Agent
03-01-06, 10:57 AM
I get the juddering sound problem using an Audigy and hardware setting.
I've just given up now, and gotten use to using Software.
I tend to use headphones, so it's not like im missing out on anything.

Mr Six
03-01-06, 01:09 PM
That's strange

I use the hardware setting on high with an Audigy 2 ZS on an inferior (A64 3200 , 1 gig ram corsair value , 6800 GT ) system and it run flawlessly.I use the OpenAl beta drivers from creative.

Btw if you are using a vanilla Audigy then it's normal that you have the sound problem as it don't support the hardware mode.I think that you need at least a ZS or better to put it on hardware but i can be wrong on that.The OP does use a ZS though so it's obviously not the problem for him.

I do hope that you resolve your problems guys because the sound is much more clear on hardware/high.It will also give you a small boost in fps (important in my case as i don't have 2 x 7800 GTX in SLI or 2 gig of ram) :)

sonaboy
03-02-06, 10:25 AM
which "new" drivers are you using ??
when you enable hardware what setting do you use ? (low , medium , high ?)

& is it working perfectly (the sound card i mean) in all other games ?

the new 81 drivers.

i've tried the hardware setting on medium and low - same result each time.

and yes, the sound card works perfectly in other games like UT2004, Raven Shield, Doom3, Tribes Vengeance, and COD2.

Smokey
03-02-06, 12:31 PM
There is a guide over at http://www.amdmb.com forums under their audio section, its pinned so easy to find. When I had an IRQ sharing problem with my Audigy2, it would crash RavenShield, as RVS is working for you, it may be something else. When I had my Audigy2 ZS, I played BF2 on high audio now problems, with the latest drivers, I upgraded to the X-Fi Elite Pro about 3 weeks ago.

sonaboy
03-02-06, 03:11 PM

yeah, there's no IRQ conflicts.

but of course - you never know what you're going to get when you're on an OS that isn't supported by a game. I'm still on Win2k.

so, there's some new Creative Labs sound drivers out there? I thought i DL'd the driver set about 8 months ago. Is there another set out already? damn...

RoachMojo
03-03-06, 03:15 PM

yeah, there's no IRQ conflicts.

but of course - you never know what you're going to get when you're on an OS that isn't supported by a game. I'm still on Win2k.

so, there's some new Creative Labs sound drivers out there? I thought i DL'd the driver set about 8 months ago. Is there another set out already? damn...

Is it an IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL bsod? If so, it is hyperthreading that's causing the problem. You probably have a 875P mobo, right? Disable HT in the BIOS and it will be fine. Switch back to hardware sound. There will be no decrease in performance game-wise.

Peoples-Agent
03-04-06, 03:15 AM
I don't get any problems like crashing, I just get stuttering audio from the Voices. Because I have a crappy OEM soundcard, the drivers from the Creative site do not work, so effectively I cannot get any driver updates.