PDA

View Full Version : video editos, 3d modelers, after effects users wanted!

shaker718
03-01-06, 08:41 AM
Hey all:

I've been going through all the dual core threads here lately.I have asked a few questions here and there in preparation for finally purchasing an X2 proc. Mostly though I have only really heard from gamers and I wanted to ask the media jockies in here about your experiences, positive and negative, since switching from single to dual core with regards to media creation.

I am interested in your specs (which proc, etc),speed increases in rendering time, smoothness of operation etc. For those who do video editing or use adobe after effects has there been a significant change with regards to previewing comps, adding filters, transition render times, audio, etc?

I finally found someone to buy my 3500+ and will be making my purchase this weekend. So recommendations are very welcome!

Knot3D
03-01-06, 09:01 AM
Specs : see sig.

Programs I use :

- Cinema4D XL 9.1 3D modeling & rendering
- Adobe Photoshop Elements
- Adobe Premiere Elements

Both C4D & Premiere already made use of my 'old' P4's HT, but of course the X2 4800 is the faster render machine. I haven't measured concrete numbers yet though.

Indeed, it's a very smooth computing expierence. So smooth that one almost takes it for granted too easily. I think the 2Gb of very tight cas2 dimms also help ALOT as do the WD 10k rpm raptors.

For serious 3D and video editing such specs are well justified.

shaker718
03-01-06, 03:34 PM
Specs : see sig.

Programs I use :

- Cinema4D XL 9.1 3D modeling & rendering
- Adobe Photoshop Elements
- Adobe Premiere Elements

Both C4D & Premiere already made use of my 'old' P4's HT, but of course the X2 4800 is the faster render machine. I haven't measured concrete numbers yet though.

Indeed, it's a very smooth computing expierence. So smooth that one almost takes it for granted too easily. I think the 2Gb of very tight cas2 dimms also help ALOT as do the WD 10k rpm raptors.

For serious 3D and video editing such specs are well justified.

Have you had any problems capturing using adobe premiere and your X2 proc? I just read something saying people where having problems.

Knot3D
03-02-06, 02:12 PM
Sorry, I only use Premiere to edit and render my C4D animations. Well, at least so far I haven't yet used Premiere to do video footage capturing nor tv stuff.

So, for me all is running mighty fine and i haven't encountered any problems.