PDA

View Full Version : Grin ups the Texture Resolution in GRAW & Comments on delay

jAkUp
03-01-06, 01:32 PM
Delay sucks, but check it out. They are answering alot of questions in this thread. Oh, and rumor is the new release date is sometime in May. Also, Bo says that widescreen will be supported, however fillrate is very high at the higher resolutions.

Sure WK.

The HDR is toned down a lot and we upped the texture resolutions since October by 8 times approx. Depending on your GFX card of course.

What more you can see we got a pretty long view distance about 3 times since you saw it in Leipzig - now that will tell you a bit on the fighting distances for you snipers and crawlers out there.

Also note the numerous small and medium covers in the shots. This will give you a good opportunity to hide and position your ghosts while moving in overwatch or in combat for that matter. It is all about angles and fire lanes ppl

Good screens from UBI I say.

Check out the screenshots and Q&A:
http://www.ghostrecon.net/forums/index.php?showtopic=31305

jAkUp
03-01-06, 01:42 PM
And Grin comments on delay!

Hi guys

On behalf of the GRIN team I fell obliged to step in here and say we're sorry for the delay. I can't go out and talk on the reason but I know all you hardcore fans are really disappointed not to be playing in March. I wont jump around with fancy marketing words all I can say is that we are doing a hell of a effort to get this game out and at the same time as good as possible.

This game is to stand the test of time as GR1 did and that is no small thing. What we are into now is a lot of testing and balancing. And NO the AI is in fact one of the best ever created if you like tactical play that is.

I hope some screens or videos can be released very soon to back up my words.

As for the X360 it looks great and I truly think the console fans will get what they want.

As for the PC fans we take a totally different approach and I think both games are rocking. Now we just want to make sure the PC is really all it can be.

Appologies

Bo

GRIN

nVidiaGuru
03-01-06, 01:57 PM
very nice, ill be gettin the x360 version so i can finally get a damn game and use this box for somethin other than halo2, might have to pick up the pc version as well now if it has a good amount of gameplay difference

Superfly
03-01-06, 02:04 PM
Yeh GRAW PC is lookin sweet now, those new shots are just what I wanted (and look very next gen to me).

You see the difference in texture quality from the old PC shots to the new ones out today.

jAkUp
03-01-06, 02:21 PM
Some more goods

Mathieu Girard, the producer for Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon Advanced Warfighter, answers questions about the PC version of the game, including the reasons for the delay of the PC launch until May.

Why do you delay the game?

To achieve better quality and deliver all the features we wanted to have in the game. GRAW PC is a project developed specifically for this machine so its development cycle was different from that of the other platforms.

Can you remind us what the main differences between consoles and PC versions are?

We have a gameplay that is very different from the gameplay of the console version; for instance the ghosts are controlled in a way that is specific to the PC, with a much more accurate order system. This involves adapting all the game content (including reprogramming completely the enemy AI) and tuning it to this way of playing. We shared the storyline and setting of the XBox 360, but all the rest had to be reworked, to appeal to a GR1 audience while at the same time taking into account the new PC specific features. The other major differences are, of course, full first person control, and PC-specific multiplayer modes.

What are the ambitions of the PC version?

We had some very ambitous designs for the multiplayer, and we did not advertise on the exact content until we were sure to be able to deliver it. Things such as simulating a fully interactive physical environment over the network were risky, but we are now comforted that the cooperative mode will deliver unprecedented experience of multiplayer gameplay. The domination mode is also very promising as it changes the control of areas to something more interesting than simply capturing flags. More info to come soon.

Superfly
03-01-06, 02:24 PM
thanks J.

just keeps sounding better and better to me.

Tork64
03-01-06, 02:26 PM
Awesome, as long as we get some explanation im okay with a delay. :thumbsup: