PDA

View Full Version : Black Flashing "Textures" in Games.

Fishloaf
03-01-06, 03:35 PM
I just built a new machine and am having an interesting issue with the video when playing games/3D marking, etc. It happens more in some games (EQ2) then others (WoW)...Everything will look fine but then I will occasionally see flashes of black textures, like squares or traingles. Normally in just one small part of the screen. I have tried a couple different Nvidia drivers so far with the same result. I have about 10 days left to RMA any of these parts with NewEgg, so I am trying to come up with a cause. Nothing is overclocked in this system.

Any help you can all offer would be appreciated! Thanks in advance...

AMD Athlon 64 4000+
XFC - Gforce 7800GTX
Asus A8N-SLI Premium
2 GB Corsair Ram
Windows XP SP2

theslug
03-01-06, 04:56 PM
Is it anything like what I describe in this thread?

http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=63542

Do you know if it happens in just directx programs, or both directx and opengl?

K-1
03-02-06, 09:41 AM
Is it like my screenshot perhaps (sorry for low res shot, had to make it smaller to fit as attachment)? Note the black square on the top right. Only happened in some games, FEAR for example was perfectly fine. I was only able to get rid of this problem by clocking my card down, so I RMA-ed it and now have zero problems whatsoever.

Fishloaf
03-02-06, 09:45 AM
TheSlug - My problem is different than yours.

K-1 - I am at work and my monitor is awful so I can not see your shot real well. It sounds very similar though. Just random little black boxes/traingles in spots that come and go. I am going to RMA the card and see if that makes a difference.