View Full Version : Ghost Recon 360 Goes Gold

Pages : [1] 2

jAkUp
03-01-06, 11:57 PM
http://www.ghostrecon.com/us/newspost.php?id=14941

And the first review from an XBox mag:

GRAW - 9.0
+ Fantastic Multiplayer
+ Awesome presentation; graphics are amazing and sound effects are up to the excellent Clancy standard
- Ghost AI is lousy
? What's with the jarring EA Trax-inizing of the in-helicopter soundtrack?

And a hands on from IGN:
http://xbox360.ign.com/articles/692/692761p1.html

nV`andrew
03-02-06, 12:19 AM
man i remember when i played the first one on my ti 4200 and then my 5200fx

Arioch
03-02-06, 12:41 AM
Woot - love playing these games coop online.

Hmm, just noticed the release date is on a Thursday - I seem to remember almost every game that I have bought being available on a Tuesday. Hopefully I can get my copy before that weekend.

Buenamos
03-02-06, 10:54 AM
Yeah, I'm gettin this for sure. I can't wait for the pc version to come up, i'm tooo antzy. ;)

Superfly
03-02-06, 11:01 AM
[QUOTE=jAkUp- Ghost AI is lousy[/QUOTE]

I thought this might be the case on the 360, glad im waiting on the PC version.

Jocomp10
03-02-06, 12:09 PM

Because of course the PC must have better AI. :rolleyes:

Anyway can anybody actually give an unbiased opinion on what the actual differences are between the PC and 360 version? The 360 version seems pretty tactical to me, what with being able to give orders to tanks, helicopters, UAV's, and your squad mates. What's the PC version going to bring that's different?

Superfly
03-02-06, 12:26 PM
Dude platform has nothing to do with AI quality - we all know that.

My point was if the 360 version has crap AI then that totally sucks for a tactical game - thus im happy im waiting on the PC version as development is continuing on that platform and the dev's are very confident with the AI.

I agree that any platform can produce both good and bad AI - you just missed what I meant.

evilchris
03-02-06, 12:38 PM

31337 pC gAMAR aLAERRT!!!

Jocomp10
03-02-06, 12:40 PM

My point was if the 360 version has crap AI then that totally sucks for a tactical game - thus im happy im waiting on the PC version as development is continuing on that platform and the dev's are very confident with the AI.

I agree that any platform can produce both good and bad AI - you just missed what I meant.

OIC sorry bout jumping on you then. Anyway I'll almost surly get the 360 version since it's coming out next week. then I'll just have to wait and see what the differences are to the PC version when that comes out. BTW dose the PC version have the OTS view?

Superfly
03-02-06, 12:55 PM
31337 pC gAMAR aLAERRT!!!

Complete tool alert, well done.

Noticed you did'nt use the word Genius today - must be growing up and expanding your vocab.

If you were to read my post;

You might have understood my point like this normal guy here:

OIC sorry bout jumping on you then. Anyway I'll almost surly get the 360 version since it's coming out next week. then I'll just have to wait and see what the differences are to the PC version when that comes out. BTW dose the PC version have the OTS view?

seriously - stop being a twat.

agentkay
03-02-06, 01:12 PM
BTW dose the PC version have the OTS view?

No, it has First Person Weapon View (FPWV) with body awareness (like FEAR, or CoR).

toxikneedle
03-02-06, 05:29 PM
Possible demo tonight on marketplace, we'll see.

jAkUp
03-02-06, 05:38 PM
These are the difference's guys:

Can you remind us what the main differences between consoles and PC versions are?

We have a gameplay that is very different from the gameplay of the console version; for instance the ghosts are controlled in a way that is specific to the PC, with a much more accurate order system. This involves adapting all the game content (including reprogramming completely the enemy AI) and tuning it to this way of playing. We shared the storyline and setting of the XBOX 360, but all the rest had to be reworked, to appeal to a GR1 audience while at the same time taking into account the new PC specific features. The other major differences are, of course, full first person control, and PC-specific multiplayer modes.

GRIN has said that the PC version they are working on has the best AI ever. Marketing? Who knows... :confused:

agentkay
03-02-06, 07:52 PM
GRIN has said that the PC version they are working on has the best AI ever. Marketing? Who knows... :confused:

Mathieu Girards comment regarding the AI caused some confusion. After all three, GRAW PC and GRAW360 SP and GRAW360 MP, have their own graphics engines and I don´t know how AI can be shared among the different systems. Sure they all get developed on PCs but you can´t really share parts of it. :confused: Anyway, Bo´s take on the AI:

AI Information:

GRAW features stealth and tactics. There will be no AI spawn hell.
Number of AI up to 20 against you and your ghosts, plus there are vehicles,
both in the air and on ground.

AI will employ tactics.
This is Ghost Recon, remember? When we say “tactical shooter” we really
mean it.
There are several layers of thinking for the AI.
The AI is tailor made to the game. The AI we created for GRAW is built
from scratch and it is a very dynamic AI. It will respond to the environment,
and actions by the enemy.

They will actively move from cover to cover when advancing to an objective
and, with waypoints, will advance to the place in the stealthiest way
possible.

The enemy AI will notice if they are under fire. There are three levels of AI
awareness: individual, squad, and what we call mastermind that can control
several squads for flanking maneuvers against the Ghosts.

The first AI layer is the individual one.
The AI will be self-preserving, which basically means that the enemy or your
team mates will always avoid putting themselves in a situation where they
could get shot.
They won’t cross your line of fire while you are aiming, and they won’t stay
uncovered for long. For instance if you destroy the cover of an enemy (by
blowing up a car for instance), he will move away to find another place to
hide.

Then we have the group AI.
Which coordinates the individual AI to work cooperatively. Before he moves,
one enemy will not only check where you are but also where his team mates
are. If he sees that one of them is giving cover, he will be more likely to make
his move. When a group of AI arrives to an area where the danger can come
from several directions they will all cover a different direction, which is what
trained soldiers would do.

The last layer of AI.
Is the “strategic” one. In some areas you will be surrounded by several
squads and another AI will take care of coordinating them. Some groups will
try to flank you while others will try to pin you down.
You will really need all the tactical tools at your disposal to try to get your
team out of such a messy situation.

We have a difficulty setting that allows you to raise the difficulty level to
your preference.
We are even thinking of implementing some super-hardcore setting for the
pain lovers out there.

Marketing? I´m sure there somes of it as well, but nothing is worse for your credibility (and company) than praising something (and he did it in every dev chat) and not delivering it in the final product.

And now to make it back on-topic, congrats to the 360 version of finally going gold! :D

Jocomp10
03-02-06, 09:32 PM
Interesting I'll have to see how the AI turns out in the PC version, by the time it comes out I should be very familiar with the 360 version.:) I'll have to see if there are any major differences.

LiquidX
03-03-06, 01:05 AM
I cant stand waiting anymore.:thumbdwn:

brady
03-03-06, 07:22 AM
Maybe today we'll get an Outfit demo to hold us over till next thursday.

S.I.N
03-03-06, 11:58 AM
http://i29.photobucket.com/albums/c280/martianmisfit/ghostrecon3.jpg

This couple already has it. Something is just weird about this pic.:rofl

brady
03-03-06, 12:02 PM
I know there are several people who have it right now. I don't feel like looking them up, but if you check the xbox forums people have been going crazy about it.

msxyz
03-03-06, 02:02 PM
This couple already has it. Something is just weird about this pic.:roflYeah, their wives left them and their kids after they preferred to spend the night waiting in line for an Xbox360 at launch day. :p

brady
03-03-06, 04:58 PM
Anyone else agree that this week has been a huge disappointment as far as the 360 goes..?

toxikneedle
03-03-06, 05:03 PM
Anyone else agree that this week has been a huge disappointment as far as the 360 goes..?
Well if the Outfit demo doesn't come out today, then yeah.... No GRAW demo came out.... so yeah I'm pretty dissapointed.

Jocomp10
03-03-06, 05:31 PM
Yeah I agree, although maybe the outfit will finish things up on a positive note. Then come next week it's all about GR:AW:).

t6_shadow
03-04-06, 06:42 PM
See there are more than a few people with copies of ghost recon in their hands. I would like one too. These ****ing stores piss me off. I am a "valued" customer at the same EB I go to to buy ALL my games. Yet I go into the store today to see if I can get a copy what 6 or 7 days early and the guy won't ****ing sell me one! What an asshole its not a huge deal. When my buddy who used to work at future shop he would give me the games when they would come in early all the time. Its not like the Microsoft/Ubisoft SWAT team is gonna converage on your store if you sell one to a paying customer.

One thing is for sure that store has lost my buisness permenatly. I am stuck playing the steaming pile of **** perfect dark.

slick
03-04-06, 07:01 PM
See there are more than a few people with copies of ghost recon in their hands. I would like one too. These ****ing stores piss me off. I am a "valued" customer at the same EB I go to to buy ALL my games. Yet I go into the store today to see if I can get a copy what 6 or 7 days early and the guy won't ****ing sell me one! What an asshole its not a huge deal. When my buddy who used to work at future shop he would give me the games when they would come in early all the time. Its not like the Microsoft/Ubisoft SWAT team is gonna converage on your store if you sell one to a paying customer.

One thing is for sure that store has lost my buisness permenatly. I am stuck playing the steaming pile of **** perfect dark.

YEAH! DAMN THEM FOR NOT BREAKING THE LAW!

:rolleyes: