PDA

View Full Version : Weird mouse issues with beta drivers?

superklye
03-01-06, 11:12 PM
I've got 82.65 (MSI exclusives) installed and my mouse will work just fine for a minute or two and then get very jerky and unresponsive for a little bit. Like, I'll move it and it will move the opposite direction or it won't move at all. Clicking won't work...I usually jiggle it to try and get it to go and for the most part after a few seconds it goes back to normal before sucking again.

Has anyone else experienced this? It's only happened since I installed these drivers (and I have to have them installed), so I'm assuming they're the root of the problem.

It seems like my mouse goes dead for a second or something and it's got the lag of trying to wake up a dormant laser mouse, even though I'll be using it as it happens.

Sigh. I guess I can try reinstalling the logitech drivers again and see what that does...

superklye
03-01-06, 11:27 PM
Wow, it's gotten to the point now where my mouse is basically unuseable. This is completely un-****ing-acceptable and I am near exploding from complete anger and annoyance at this.

superklye
03-01-06, 11:52 PM
And now it seems to be working fine. WTF?

Please...someone out there tell me that I'm not the only one who's experienced this...

Peoples-Agent
03-02-06, 03:24 AM
I experienced something similar before, as I recall ....it was something running in the background that did it , kept getting 99% CPU usage spikes.

Change the drivers and see how you get on.

EverGreen
03-02-06, 07:22 AM
Its not upon the vid-card drivers that you got problem here with there is another program in the background who does make your mouse in a sleepy mode feature, i got those same problems with my MX500 Logitech mouse, is freezing in a sort off wat or the mouse pointer is vanqished.
No matter what for vid-driver update you did use or what kind of alcohol you drink there is somewere a bug inside your win XP.

superklye
03-02-06, 07:27 AM
Its not upon the vid-card drivers that you got problem here with there is another program in the background who does make your mouse in a sleepy mode feature, i got those same problems with my MX500 Logitech mouse, is freezing in a sort off wat or the mouse pointer is vanqished.
No matter what for vid-driver update you did use or what kind of alcohol you drink there is somewere a bug inside your win XP.
Hmmm...okay. But the ONLY difference between my machine when I posted this thread and before I was having problems is that I installed the MSI drivers from their disc included with the 7300GS.

Why couldn't the thing that's causing the problem be the beta drivers?

I hope to God it's something that MSI created because I really don't want to have to reformat yet again to fix this...

saturnotaku
03-02-06, 07:54 AM
All right children, behave yourselves.

Thread pruned, rebooted.

superklye
03-02-06, 07:59 AM
All right children, behave yourselves.

Thread pruned, rebooted.
Thank you.

And I checked MSConfig as well as Task Manager and found sw20.exe and sw40.exe, both of which are listed as being suspicious programs. I rebooted into safemode and deleted the files (they were in windows\system32) and everything seems to be working much better.

I'm going to run a virusscan while I'm at work, too. Hopefully this catches and clears up everything because man, that was annoying.

Spybot found 52 entries, but most were just cookies of some sort.

saturnotaku
03-02-06, 08:02 AM
I've found that sometimes using drivers that come from specific manufacturers (MSI, et al) can cause weird behavior because they install little programs that are designed to work with specific software like proprietary temperature monitors.

Superfly
03-02-06, 09:25 AM
^^ what he said, tis the truth.

superklye
03-02-06, 10:36 AM
Yeah, I Googled sw40.exe and only two results came up. One was on a message board and someone said that it's part of MSI's Dynamic Overclocking Technology that they have in their custom drivers.

That sucks...it seems like it was a really cool feature but if it comes down to me having my card OC as the CPU temperature increases at the cost of being able to use my mouse...I'm sticking with my mouse. kthx.

But thanks for the help guys. I feel much better knowing my machine hasn't been hacked.